Drawing its inspiration from the classic cars of the 1930s, the Meister Driver Handaufzug delivers an accomplished expression of their charm and aestheticism.
The strong emotional link between Junghans and the motor car was first established at the end of the 19th century. Arthur Junghans, son of the company founder Erhard Junghans, was an early automobile enthusiast: in
1892 he bought one of the first Daimler test cars, which was driven to him in Schramberg by Wilhelm Maybach in person. A close friendship existed between the technically-minded Swabians Arthur Junghans, Wilhelm Maybach and Gottlieb Daimler. As a result, Schramberg regularly played host to the technical elite of the era, from Robert Bosch to Ferdinand von Zeppelin. These meetings at the villa of Arthur Junghans served to generate ideas, with these in turn producing numerous significant inventions.
This passion for cars is also shared by Dr. Hans-Jochem Steim and Hannes Steim, owners of the Schramberg based company, whose enthusiasm is manifested in their own collection of vehicles. The result is an impressive cross-section from 110 years of automobile history, including items closely associated with the history of Junghans, such as car clocks from the Schramberg factory and a "speed measuring device" developed and patented by Dr. Oskar Junghans in 1905. Selected vehicles from this collection served as models for the design of the new Meister Driver Handaufzug.
The dial of the Meister Driver Handaufzug is reminiscent of a dashboard speedometer. As with the car, the harmonious proportions that characterise the appearance of the timepiece include great attention to detail. A distinctivelacquer scheme underscores the three-dimensional aspect of the domed dial and the nostalgic charm of the timepiece. In darkness in particular the large numerals and bold hands with luminous applique ensure optimal readability. Characteristic of the Junghans Meister range are the bowl-shaped inserts, in this case the small second.
The historic parallels are also evident in the hand-winding movement: the first car clocks were also hand wound, initially with a separate key, later using the bezel, in some models.
The longstanding connection between watch manufacturer Junghans and the motor car is stylishly expressed in the elegant Meister Driver Handaufzug, making it a worthy addition to the Meister collection.
Model: Meister Driver Handaufzug
References: 027/3607.00 & 027/3608.00
J815.1 hand-winding movement with small second at 6 o'clock
Basic calibre ETA 7001 Peseux
Finishing: Rhodium plating, blued screws,engraved Junghans logo on the wheel train bridge, bridges with stripe finishing
Stainless steel Ø 37.7 mm, height 7.3 mm, domed hard plexiglass with SICRALAN coating, 5-times screwed back with mineral crystal
Water resistance: Up to 3 bar
Polished lacquer dial with "sunburst" effect finish, dial markings and hands with environmentally-friendly Super Luminova luminous substance
Calfskin strap with stainless steel buckle
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Arnold & Son unveils a new rendition of its unique DBG dual-time (GMT) timepiece, the DBG Skeleton. An acronym for “double balance” and ...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
Hamilton’s relationship with Hollywood began in 1951 – underwater – when actors playing naval diving heroes wore Hamilton watches in the Osc...
Of classic watch design and yet discretely sportive, this charismatic gent’s chronograph pays homage to times when in watchmaking chronograp...
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Funky...
- Vacheron Constantin Historiques Collection: Re- e...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Chronograph Rattrapan...
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA AUTOMATIC Terra Brown Dia...
- Bremont DH-88 Comet Limited Edition Chronometer
- Junghans Meister Driver Handaufzug
- Finn Watches - The Causeway and Fingal’s Cave
- ZANNETTI will exhibit at Singapore International J...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maîtres du Temps
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two Tonneau Classique
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two TCR– Big Date Instant...
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Three Midnight Blue
- Oris Big Crown ProPilot Day Date
- Oris’s Eagerly Awaited Big Crown Propilot Calibre ...
- Rado True Taipei Limited Edition
- Rado Opens Second Mono-Brand Boutique in Switzerla...
- Arnold & Son Instrument Collection - Métiers d’Art...
- IWC Schaffhausen Supports School for Underprivileg...
- Ulysse Nardin Skeleton Tourbillon “Pearl” Limited ...
- Ulysse Nardin Diver Black Sea
- SCURO Model S Titanium Scuba Watch
- SINN watches (Models 103 Ti IFR, 103 Ti UTC IFR an...
- Patrick Dempsey Joins Tag Heuer at the Goodwood Fe...
- SWISS KOO JOO JOO, THE CLAUDE MEYLAN FRAME
- Claude Meylan Rainbow Collection - Tortue Black & ...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster Chronograph Skeleton (CH-90...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150 (CH-2735)
- EBEL Wave Blue Lady and Gent
- EBEL Wave Grande Duo Set
- EBEL Wave Lady Automatic
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DELACOUR WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : A LANGE & SOHNE
- Namfleg Watches - Introduction
- Mavrik Watch Company - Nereus V Dive Watch
- Helfer Watches – Introduction
- BURAN STINGRAY
- RESSENCE Watches – Introduction
- RESSENCE TYPE 5
- RESSENCE TYPE 3 New Version (TYPE 3N, Blue Dial)
- RESSENCE TYPE 1
- 88 Rue Du Rhone “1820 Old Glory” (Double 8 Origin ...
- GEOVANI Catherine
- Antoine Preziuso Chronometer Tourbillon of Tourbil...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANTOINE PREZIUSO
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Andersen Geneve
- Goldgena Project - Introduction
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREGUET
- Frederique Constant Runabout Riva Historical Socie...
- Junghans - max bill by junghans, New Versions
- Junghans Meister Pilot
- CVSTOS CHRONO II BRAZIL LIMITED EDITION
- An F.P.Journe Centigraphe Souverain Unique Piece S...
- Luminox Dress Field Series 1830, 42mm
- Visconti New Scuba Camouflage Watch
- Luminox F-117 Nighthawk™ GMT 6420 Series
- IWC Schaffhausen - Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Pop Art “One-Click”
- Bell & Ross Vintage BR Aéronavale: The Naval Air F...
- H. Moser & Cie. Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club Limi...
- Oris Artelier Calibre 111 - New Model in a Silvere...
- Oris Artix GT Chronograph (New, Redesigned Version...
- ARCHIMEDE DeckWatch with Bronze case
- R&D Geneve Great Ocean Road Worldtime Collection
- R&D Geneve Pan American Chronograph Collection
- R&D Geneve Pikes Peak Tourbillon
- Schwarz Etienne La Chaux-de-Fonds Tourbillon TSE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMIN STROM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANGULAR MOMENTUM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ZENITH WATCHES
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 SVRA Special E...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Cohiba Edition...
- Zenith Pilot North America Special Editions - Pilo...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BACKES & STRAUSS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : AEROWATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Emile Chouriet
- ArloMouN Bold Classic Limited Edition
- Wristlet by Tsevt - Handmade Bronze Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Girard-Perregaux
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HYSEK WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Fendi Luxury Watches
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CUERVO Y SOBRINOS
- 4N SAPPHIRE PLANET
- BURAN Flagman Automatic Chronograph Collection
- PRODUCT GALLERY : F.P.JOURNE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREITLING
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LONGINES
- PRODUCT GALLERY: HYT WATCHES
- Vacheron Constantin Celebrates the Worldwide Launc...
- Alpina Startimer Camouflage Pilot Big Date Chronog...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Nautische Instrumente Mühle-Gla...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MECCANICHE VELOCI
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maximilian Büsser & Friends
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MANUFACTURE ROYALE WATCHES
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Usain Bolt 2016 Edition- Big...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph Limit...
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro Skull Limited Editi...
- Armin Strom Max Chilton Edition Edge Double Barrel...
- CJR Watches AIRSPEED: The First Curved Regulator W...
- Seiko Opens First Exclusive Boutique in Saudi Arab...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Dubey & Schaldenbrand Watches
- ▼ June 2016 (169)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)