Winner of the Horological Revelation award at the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève in 2013, the TYPE 3 best represents RESSENCE’s fine-watchmaking philosophy - a balance of technological innovation, mechanical complexity and timeless design. The TYPE 3 represents an intellectual approach born of the key tenets of industrial design and aiming towards the deconstruction of the traditional watch. This approach is characterised by the elimination of both standard watch hands and crown - the entire case back is used to wind and set the mechanism - the minimization of the case (2mm thick) and the maximization of legibility thanks to oil filled technology. For 2016 RESSENCE offers a new version of this iconic model with a deep blue dial. The colour of the night sky is a nod towards its distinctive display comprising several discs - rotating like moons in orbit around a planet.
The TYPE 3 builds on the unique patented complication RESSENCE introduced in 2010 with its ZERO SERIES. The ROCS, or Ressence Orbital Convex System, initiated a new, more intuitive way of reading the time without the use of traditional hands. Rather sub-dial discs continually revolve, as does the main disc into which they are set. They are an integral part of the curved dial and their graphs appear to be projected onto the top crystal as if onto a screen.
RESSENCE introduced its oil-filled technology with the TYPE 3, a true world first in mechanical horology. The entire upper half is filled with 35.7 ml of oil to obtain a never-before-seen visual effect – as if the dial was seen through a drop of water. One result is superior legibility. Refraction typically distorts perception. Here, because oil and glass share very similar responses to refraction, the eye is tricked into momentarily losing its depth perception. The result is that the watch's dial seems ever closer, vision of it apparently unimpeded by glass at all.
TYPE 3 cleverly compensates for the fact that the oil’s volume in the watch will fluctuate with temperature. The watch is therefore fitted with a system of seven small bellows. These compress when, with rising temperature, the oil volume increases, or expand if the temperature drops and the volume decreases - the result perfectly stabilises the fit of the oil within the watch. The system is indirectly connected to the oil temperature gauge on the dial - so the TYPE 3 owner can see a representation of the bellows capacity in action.
The TYPE 3’s case comprises not one but two curved sapphire crystal glasses connected by a 2mm wide grade 5 titanium band. As a consequence of this curvature, the watch sits only on the middle of the wrist which, together with the watch's lightweight character, ensures great comfort for the wearer.
TYPE 3N is a blue dial limited edition of 50 pieces.
The current collection includes three versions:
- TYPE 3B - titanium black dial, polished titanium case
- TYPE 3BB "All Black" - titanium black dial, black DLC titanium case
- TYPE 3S - sandblasted titanium dial, polished titanium case
Runner (360 Seconds)
Patented ROCS 3 - Ressence Orbital Convex System - driven by the minute axle of a specially customised 2824/2 calibre
Caseback winding and time setting
Compensating Bellow System for the oil (7 Bellows)
36 hours power reserve
28,800 vibrations per hour
Convex grade 5 titanium dial (125mm radius) with 4 eccentric biaxial satellites inclined at 3° (hours), 4.75° (week days and thermal gauge) and 6.25° (runner)
Engraved indications filled with Superluminova
Grade 5 titanium
Two separate sealed chambers with the upper one filled with 35.7 ml of oil
Domed sapphire crystals top and bottom with both sides anti-reflective coating
44mm (diameter) x 15 mm (thickness)
3 ATM water-resistance
Buckle & Strap
Ardillon Buckle in grade 5 titanium
TYPE 3N : 37.500 EUR (20% VAT included)
TYPE 3B, BB & S: 36.500 EUR (20% VAT included)
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
Hamilton’s relationship with Hollywood began in 1951 – underwater – when actors playing naval diving heroes wore Hamilton watches in the Osc...
Arnold & Son unveils a new rendition of its unique DBG dual-time (GMT) timepiece, the DBG Skeleton. An acronym for “double balance” and ...
Of classic watch design and yet discretely sportive, this charismatic gent’s chronograph pays homage to times when in watchmaking chronograp...
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Funky...
- Vacheron Constantin Historiques Collection: Re- e...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Chronograph Rattrapan...
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA AUTOMATIC Terra Brown Dia...
- Bremont DH-88 Comet Limited Edition Chronometer
- Junghans Meister Driver Handaufzug
- Finn Watches - The Causeway and Fingal’s Cave
- ZANNETTI will exhibit at Singapore International J...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maîtres du Temps
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two Tonneau Classique
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two TCR– Big Date Instant...
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Three Midnight Blue
- Oris Big Crown ProPilot Day Date
- Oris’s Eagerly Awaited Big Crown Propilot Calibre ...
- Rado True Taipei Limited Edition
- Rado Opens Second Mono-Brand Boutique in Switzerla...
- Arnold & Son Instrument Collection - Métiers d’Art...
- IWC Schaffhausen Supports School for Underprivileg...
- Ulysse Nardin Skeleton Tourbillon “Pearl” Limited ...
- Ulysse Nardin Diver Black Sea
- SCURO Model S Titanium Scuba Watch
- SINN watches (Models 103 Ti IFR, 103 Ti UTC IFR an...
- Patrick Dempsey Joins Tag Heuer at the Goodwood Fe...
- SWISS KOO JOO JOO, THE CLAUDE MEYLAN FRAME
- Claude Meylan Rainbow Collection - Tortue Black & ...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster Chronograph Skeleton (CH-90...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150 (CH-2735)
- EBEL Wave Blue Lady and Gent
- EBEL Wave Grande Duo Set
- EBEL Wave Lady Automatic
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DELACOUR WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : A LANGE & SOHNE
- Namfleg Watches - Introduction
- Mavrik Watch Company - Nereus V Dive Watch
- Helfer Watches – Introduction
- BURAN STINGRAY
- RESSENCE Watches – Introduction
- RESSENCE TYPE 5
- RESSENCE TYPE 3 New Version (TYPE 3N, Blue Dial)
- RESSENCE TYPE 1
- 88 Rue Du Rhone “1820 Old Glory” (Double 8 Origin ...
- GEOVANI Catherine
- Antoine Preziuso Chronometer Tourbillon of Tourbil...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANTOINE PREZIUSO
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Andersen Geneve
- Goldgena Project - Introduction
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREGUET
- Frederique Constant Runabout Riva Historical Socie...
- Junghans - max bill by junghans, New Versions
- Junghans Meister Pilot
- CVSTOS CHRONO II BRAZIL LIMITED EDITION
- An F.P.Journe Centigraphe Souverain Unique Piece S...
- Luminox Dress Field Series 1830, 42mm
- Visconti New Scuba Camouflage Watch
- Luminox F-117 Nighthawk™ GMT 6420 Series
- IWC Schaffhausen - Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Pop Art “One-Click”
- Bell & Ross Vintage BR Aéronavale: The Naval Air F...
- H. Moser & Cie. Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club Limi...
- Oris Artelier Calibre 111 - New Model in a Silvere...
- Oris Artix GT Chronograph (New, Redesigned Version...
- ARCHIMEDE DeckWatch with Bronze case
- R&D Geneve Great Ocean Road Worldtime Collection
- R&D Geneve Pan American Chronograph Collection
- R&D Geneve Pikes Peak Tourbillon
- Schwarz Etienne La Chaux-de-Fonds Tourbillon TSE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMIN STROM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANGULAR MOMENTUM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ZENITH WATCHES
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 SVRA Special E...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Cohiba Edition...
- Zenith Pilot North America Special Editions - Pilo...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BACKES & STRAUSS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : AEROWATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Emile Chouriet
- ArloMouN Bold Classic Limited Edition
- Wristlet by Tsevt - Handmade Bronze Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Girard-Perregaux
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HYSEK WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Fendi Luxury Watches
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CUERVO Y SOBRINOS
- 4N SAPPHIRE PLANET
- BURAN Flagman Automatic Chronograph Collection
- PRODUCT GALLERY : F.P.JOURNE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREITLING
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LONGINES
- PRODUCT GALLERY: HYT WATCHES
- Vacheron Constantin Celebrates the Worldwide Launc...
- Alpina Startimer Camouflage Pilot Big Date Chronog...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Nautische Instrumente Mühle-Gla...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MECCANICHE VELOCI
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maximilian Büsser & Friends
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MANUFACTURE ROYALE WATCHES
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Usain Bolt 2016 Edition- Big...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph Limit...
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro Skull Limited Editi...
- Armin Strom Max Chilton Edition Edge Double Barrel...
- CJR Watches AIRSPEED: The First Curved Regulator W...
- Seiko Opens First Exclusive Boutique in Saudi Arab...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Dubey & Schaldenbrand Watches
- ▼ June 2016 (169)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)