The TYPE 5 is an evolution of the RESSENCE species - a natural continuation of its TYPE 1 and TYPE 3 and their ground-breaking expressions of time. Indeed, TYPE 5 is the first mechanical watch to be perfectly readable underwater regardless of the viewing angle. It is the diving watch whose ultimate legibility does not sacrifice the pleasures of a traditional mechanism.
As is typical of RESSENCE watches, the TYPE 5 uses advanced materials and design as well as the company’s signature display aesthetic to create a watch at the leading edge of horological innovation. And then some: the TYPE 5 is designed to meet the ISO 6425 standards and able to withstand extreme conditions - but to do so with the modernist elegance characteristic of RESSENCE.
The TYPE 5 is an additional example of RESSENCE’s contemporary haute horlogerie, blending industrial design and micro-mechanical innovation. It also exhibits the brand’s distinctively unique means of display - without the use of traditional hands. Rather, the hours, seconds and the oil temperature gauge sit in revolving discs, which in turn orbit inside the main disc of the minute display, which itself is continuously revolving - so this patented orbital display system is an integral part of the dial.
RESSENCE has always wanted its TYPE 5 to be a diving watch comparable in performance to any on the market. But it also wanted the TYPE 5 to be a timepiece that was wearable every day, out of the water. So rather than protecting the watch against the pressures of the depths by using an over-sized case and thick glass, RESSENCE has employed a creative solution. The complete ROCS - all 142 components, including the dial - is immersed in 37.5ml of oil.
There is one more advantage to the use of oil, crucial to the success of a diver’s watch. It cancels out what is known as Total Internal Reflection. Typically, when under the water, a traditional diver’s watch needs to be viewed straight on in order to be read properly -otherwise refraction turns the glass into a mirror. But not with an oil-filled watch: this gives it complete legibility whatever the angle of view.
To transmit the primary minute information from the movement to the ROCS, the TYPE 5 ingeniously uses connected micro magnets - while a number of protective measures ensure the magnetic fields these create do no harm to the regulator. It is another nod to TYPE 5’s inspiration of the sea turtle: much like the watch uses the natural phenomena that are magnetic fields to move, so sea turtles use them to find their way through the oceans.
TYPE 5 cleverly compensates the use of oil, as its volume in the watch will fluctuate with temperature. The watch is therefore fitted with a system of seven small bellows. These compress when, with rising temperature, the oil volume increases, or expand if the temperature drops and the volume decreases - the result perfectly stabilises the fit of the oil within the watch. The system is directly connected to the oil temperature gauge on the dial -so the TYPE 5 owner can see a representation of the bellows capacity in action.
Like RESSENCE’s other models, the Type 5 has no crown - rather, the case-back is used both for winding and setting the time of the watch. But, to ensure maximum water-resistance, a new case-back has been specially developed for the TYPE 5. Dubbed the Ressence Compression Lock System, or RCLS, it has a system for the locking and compression of the gasket, with two positions, ‘lock’ and ‘set’.
-TYPE 5B, black dial and polished/satin titanium finish.
-TYPE 5BB “all black”, a stealth version with a black DLC coating that amplifies the visual impact of the oil-filled black dial. Dial and case become one.
Runner (90 Seconds)
Patented ROCS 5 - Ressence Orbital Convex System - driven by the minute axle of a specially customised 2824/2 calibre
Caseback winding and time setting with RCLS – Ressence Compression Lock System
Compensating Bellow System for the oil (7 Bellows)
36 hours power reserve
28,800 vibrations per hour
Convex grade 5 titanium dial (125mm radius) with 3 eccentric biaxial satellites inclined at 3° (hours), 4.75° (thermal gauge and seconds)
Engraved indications filled with blue and green Superluminova
Grade 5 titanium / Grade 5 titanium with DLC coating
Two separate sealed chambers with the upper one filled with 37.5 ml of oil
Domed sapphire crystals top and bottom with both sides anti-reflective coating
46mm (diameter) x 15.5 mm (thickness)
10 ATM water-resistance
Buckle & Strap
Ardillon Buckle in grade 5 titanium / grade 5 titanium with DLC coating
Black Barenia leather & nato (24/22mm)
31.500 EUR (incl 20% VAT)
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Funky...
- Vacheron Constantin Historiques Collection: Re- e...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Chronograph Rattrapan...
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA AUTOMATIC Terra Brown Dia...
- Bremont DH-88 Comet Limited Edition Chronometer
- Junghans Meister Driver Handaufzug
- Finn Watches - The Causeway and Fingal’s Cave
- ZANNETTI will exhibit at Singapore International J...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maîtres du Temps
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two Tonneau Classique
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two TCR– Big Date Instant...
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Three Midnight Blue
- Oris Big Crown ProPilot Day Date
- Oris’s Eagerly Awaited Big Crown Propilot Calibre ...
- Rado True Taipei Limited Edition
- Rado Opens Second Mono-Brand Boutique in Switzerla...
- Arnold & Son Instrument Collection - Métiers d’Art...
- IWC Schaffhausen Supports School for Underprivileg...
- Ulysse Nardin Skeleton Tourbillon “Pearl” Limited ...
- Ulysse Nardin Diver Black Sea
- SCURO Model S Titanium Scuba Watch
- SINN watches (Models 103 Ti IFR, 103 Ti UTC IFR an...
- Patrick Dempsey Joins Tag Heuer at the Goodwood Fe...
- SWISS KOO JOO JOO, THE CLAUDE MEYLAN FRAME
- Claude Meylan Rainbow Collection - Tortue Black & ...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster Chronograph Skeleton (CH-90...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150 (CH-2735)
- EBEL Wave Blue Lady and Gent
- EBEL Wave Grande Duo Set
- EBEL Wave Lady Automatic
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DELACOUR WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : A LANGE & SOHNE
- Namfleg Watches - Introduction
- Mavrik Watch Company - Nereus V Dive Watch
- Helfer Watches – Introduction
- BURAN STINGRAY
- RESSENCE Watches – Introduction
- RESSENCE TYPE 5
- RESSENCE TYPE 3 New Version (TYPE 3N, Blue Dial)
- RESSENCE TYPE 1
- 88 Rue Du Rhone “1820 Old Glory” (Double 8 Origin ...
- GEOVANI Catherine
- Antoine Preziuso Chronometer Tourbillon of Tourbil...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANTOINE PREZIUSO
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Andersen Geneve
- Goldgena Project - Introduction
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREGUET
- Frederique Constant Runabout Riva Historical Socie...
- Junghans - max bill by junghans, New Versions
- Junghans Meister Pilot
- CVSTOS CHRONO II BRAZIL LIMITED EDITION
- An F.P.Journe Centigraphe Souverain Unique Piece S...
- Luminox Dress Field Series 1830, 42mm
- Visconti New Scuba Camouflage Watch
- Luminox F-117 Nighthawk™ GMT 6420 Series
- IWC Schaffhausen - Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Pop Art “One-Click”
- Bell & Ross Vintage BR Aéronavale: The Naval Air F...
- H. Moser & Cie. Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club Limi...
- Oris Artelier Calibre 111 - New Model in a Silvere...
- Oris Artix GT Chronograph (New, Redesigned Version...
- ARCHIMEDE DeckWatch with Bronze case
- R&D Geneve Great Ocean Road Worldtime Collection
- R&D Geneve Pan American Chronograph Collection
- R&D Geneve Pikes Peak Tourbillon
- Schwarz Etienne La Chaux-de-Fonds Tourbillon TSE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMIN STROM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANGULAR MOMENTUM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ZENITH WATCHES
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 SVRA Special E...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Cohiba Edition...
- Zenith Pilot North America Special Editions - Pilo...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BACKES & STRAUSS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : AEROWATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Emile Chouriet
- ArloMouN Bold Classic Limited Edition
- Wristlet by Tsevt - Handmade Bronze Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Girard-Perregaux
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HYSEK WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Fendi Luxury Watches
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CUERVO Y SOBRINOS
- 4N SAPPHIRE PLANET
- BURAN Flagman Automatic Chronograph Collection
- PRODUCT GALLERY : F.P.JOURNE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREITLING
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LONGINES
- PRODUCT GALLERY: HYT WATCHES
- Vacheron Constantin Celebrates the Worldwide Launc...
- Alpina Startimer Camouflage Pilot Big Date Chronog...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Nautische Instrumente Mühle-Gla...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MECCANICHE VELOCI
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maximilian Büsser & Friends
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MANUFACTURE ROYALE WATCHES
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Usain Bolt 2016 Edition- Big...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph Limit...
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro Skull Limited Editi...
- Armin Strom Max Chilton Edition Edge Double Barrel...
- CJR Watches AIRSPEED: The First Curved Regulator W...
- Seiko Opens First Exclusive Boutique in Saudi Arab...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Dubey & Schaldenbrand Watches
- ▼ June 2016 (169)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)