DeWitt’s new Academia Skeleton watch is the latest addition to the Geneva Manufacture’s series of emblematic watch creations.
The watchmaker returns to its roots by developing a new movement with a strong character that embodies DeWitt both in its aesthetics and in its functions.
For the manually wound skeleton movement, Jérôme de Witt has chosen a highly complex mathematical structure. The power reserve system is based on the satellite principle already created for the Tourbillon Differentiel model, which won an award in the innovation category at the Grand Prix de l’Horlogerie de Genève in 2005. The power reserve is indicated by an arrow located on this differential, which is in constant rotation.
This manually wound movement is made up of 263 parts. It is housed in the new Academia case, with a diameter of 42.5 mm. The alternating rose gold and rubber serve to recreate the famous imperial columns that are a characteristic feature of the watchmaker. The total thickness of the case is only 10.3 mm.
On the case back, the sapphire crystal reveals the wheels sculptured in relief, giving the movement a sense of volume and perspective.
Like all DeWitt timepieces, the Academia Skeleton watch meets the very highest standards of finishing adopted by the Manufacture right from its origins: hand-crafted finishes, satin-brushed finishes, circular graining, polished chamfering and indented angles.
Mechanical manually-wound movement with a double barrel, manufactured by DeWitt
Diameter: 36.6 mm
Power reserve: Over 100 hours
Frequency: 21,600 vph
Balance with screws
Balance spring: Flat
Escapement: Swiss lever, 44° angle of lift
Jewelling: 50 jewels
Number of components: 263
Hours, minutes, bi-retrograde seconds
Round case with Dewitt imperial columns on sides
Material: 18-carat rose gold and black rubber
Diameter: 42.5 mm
Total thickness: 10.25 mm
Crown: 18-carat gold, “W” signature
Case back: Open back, sapphire crystal
Distance between lugs: 21 mm
Water-resistance: 30 metres
Dial bridge in “black gold” colour tone, satin-finished, with indented angles
Seconds and power reserve indications in rose gold colour tone/ Seconds and power reserve indications in silver colour tone
Satin-finished bezel flange in “black gold” colour tone, with indication of the hours by index appliques in rose gold
Hours and minutes: open-worked hands in the shape of double edged swords, 18-carat rose gold
Seconds: open-worked hands in the shape of double-edged swords, rose gold colour tone
Mat brown alligator leather
Buckle: 18-carat rose gold pin buckle, « W » signature
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Re-Belle, the wonderful ladies’ watch collection from the luxury Swiss watch brand CVSTOS, now welcome new iterations. After a first succes...
- CVSTOS Chrono II LB 76 Limited Edition - Tribute t...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BAUME ET MERCIER WATCHES
- Bell & Ross Watches: Brand Info
- ManchesterWatchWorks Iconik 3 Automatic Dive Watch...
- TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 M (43 mm) Black Titanium &...
- The Bundesliga Watch by Tag Heuer
- MAEN Classic Moonphase Collection
- DAVOSA Speedline TX
- DAVOSA Gentlemen Automatic (New Versions)
- DEWITT ACADEMIA SKELETON - AC.SKE.001/AC.SKE.002
- Oris Artelier Skeleton
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chukker Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-02D ARCTIC
- Raúl Pagès Soberly Onyx Limited Edition
- ochs und junior Perpetual Calendar Watch
- Magrette Manaia Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-01D CELTIC
- Swiss Independent Watchmaking Pavilion to Display ...
- Ulysse Nardin Classico Schooner America Limited Ed...
- Breitling Chronoliner Blacksteel
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R
- Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition III
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its Renovated Boutique at St...
- Richard Mille RM 68-01 Tourbillon Cyril Kongo Limi...
- Richard Mille Automatic RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal
- VVCO Series 8XX1 Automatic Watch Collection
- Ateliers deMonaco Admiral Chronographe Flyback- Sa...
- CITIZEN PROMASTER SATELLITE WAVE-GPS
- Maéstro Watch Co. Executive Chrono
- Jaipur Watch Company Imperial Collection II Limite...
- Fabergé Flirt Collection
- NEONOS HOLLAND//01 Automatic Dive Watch in Forged ...
- Tag Heuer Opens Newly Imagined Flagship Boutique i...
- Oris Artelier Complication (New Model in Stainless...
- Oris GIGN Edition Limitée
- Blanchet Deep Dive Automatic, COSC
- Edox Watches : Brand Info
- Jovial Watches: Brand Info
- Victorinox Swiss Army Watches: Brand Info
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Pure
- Niall GMT Automatic
- Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: LADOIRE GENÈVE WATCHES
- Charmex Watches - Brand Info
- DeWitt Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DEWITT WATCHES
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Différenciel Rainbow Sp...
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Force Constante à Chaîn...
- DeWitt Répétition Minutes Tourbillon GMT Antipode
- DeWitt Concept Watch WX-1
- BUBEN&ZORWEG Opens its New Showroom at the Prestig...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Titanium
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Chronograph
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Small
- Jaeger-LeCoultre is Unveiling its Latest Jewellery...
- MILUS Watches: Brand Info
- Longines Heritage 1969
- Corum Bubble Collection – Heritage Bubble Mother o...
- Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie ExoTourbillon Minu...
- Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare Li...
- Festina Watches: Brand Info
- Louis Moinet Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MEISTERSINGER WATCHES
- MeisterSinger Pocket Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY: Montblanc Writing Instruments
- MATWATCHES - Bruce Aeris Official Chronograph (AG5...
- Gucci Timepieces & Jewelry: Brand Info
- Altanus Geneve: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ALPINA WATCHES
- Moritz Grossmann TEFNUT 36
- ▼ August 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)