When it was launched in 2006, the Tourbillon Force Constante by DeWitt represented a landmark development in watchmaking history, providing the answer to a question as old as the mechanical movement itself: how can one ensure the perfectly regular transmission of energy to the mechanism?
This apparently simple question calls for a technically complex response. Between a fully wound and a depleted power-reserve, the barrel-spring supplies a steadily diminishing amount of energy as it uncoils. This difference naturally affects a watch's regularity and precision. This specific concern has been the subject of endless research since the 17th century, but no concept has resolved the problem as brilliantly as the DeWitt Tourbillon Force Constante.
This solution absorbs the force generated by the barrel once every second, and redistributes it to the tourbillon every 10 seconds. To see how the system operates, watch the elegant inertia weight of the constant force device (in the form of a cross with its four arms ending a hammer) as it completes 6 revolutions per minute. The device also features its own balance-spring. This enables the mainspring to be constantly supplied with a level of energy superior to that required by the tourbillon regulator (patented by DeWitt).
Model: ACADEMIA FORCE CONSTANTE A CHAINE
Mechanical, manually wound, manufactured by DeWitt
Power-Reserve: 72 hours with chain-driven device
Regulating Organ: Tourbillon with Constant Force
Movement Thickness: 7.8mm
Movement Diameter: 30mm
Vibrations 21,600 vph
Balance: Special 4-arm Gyromax
Escapement: 52° lift angle
Power-Reserve Indicator on worm screw
Côtes de Genève
Interhorn Width: 21mm
Water-Resistance 30 meters
Buckle: Folding Clasp in 750 Platinum
Strictly limited edition
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
- CVSTOS Chrono II LB 76 Limited Edition - Tribute t...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BAUME ET MERCIER WATCHES
- Bell & Ross Watches: Brand Info
- ManchesterWatchWorks Iconik 3 Automatic Dive Watch...
- TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 M (43 mm) Black Titanium &...
- The Bundesliga Watch by Tag Heuer
- MAEN Classic Moonphase Collection
- DAVOSA Speedline TX
- DAVOSA Gentlemen Automatic (New Versions)
- DEWITT ACADEMIA SKELETON - AC.SKE.001/AC.SKE.002
- Oris Artelier Skeleton
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chukker Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-02D ARCTIC
- Raúl Pagès Soberly Onyx Limited Edition
- ochs und junior Perpetual Calendar Watch
- Magrette Manaia Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-01D CELTIC
- Swiss Independent Watchmaking Pavilion to Display ...
- Ulysse Nardin Classico Schooner America Limited Ed...
- Breitling Chronoliner Blacksteel
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R
- Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition III
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its Renovated Boutique at St...
- Richard Mille RM 68-01 Tourbillon Cyril Kongo Limi...
- Richard Mille Automatic RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal
- VVCO Series 8XX1 Automatic Watch Collection
- Ateliers deMonaco Admiral Chronographe Flyback- Sa...
- CITIZEN PROMASTER SATELLITE WAVE-GPS
- Maéstro Watch Co. Executive Chrono
- Jaipur Watch Company Imperial Collection II Limite...
- Fabergé Flirt Collection
- NEONOS HOLLAND//01 Automatic Dive Watch in Forged ...
- Tag Heuer Opens Newly Imagined Flagship Boutique i...
- Oris Artelier Complication (New Model in Stainless...
- Oris GIGN Edition Limitée
- Blanchet Deep Dive Automatic, COSC
- Edox Watches : Brand Info
- Jovial Watches: Brand Info
- Victorinox Swiss Army Watches: Brand Info
- Niall GMT Automatic
- Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: LADOIRE GENÈVE WATCHES
- Charmex Watches - Brand Info
- DeWitt Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DEWITT WATCHES
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Différenciel Rainbow Sp...
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Force Constante à Chaîn...
- DeWitt Répétition Minutes Tourbillon GMT Antipode
- DeWitt Concept Watch WX-1
- BUBEN&ZORWEG Opens its New Showroom at the Prestig...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Titanium
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Chronograph
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Small
- Jaeger-LeCoultre is Unveiling its Latest Jewellery...
- MILUS Watches: Brand Info
- Longines Heritage 1969
- Corum Bubble Collection – Heritage Bubble Mother o...
- Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie ExoTourbillon Minu...
- Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare Li...
- Festina Watches: Brand Info
- Louis Moinet Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MEISTERSINGER WATCHES
- MeisterSinger Pocket Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY: Montblanc Writing Instruments
- MATWATCHES - Bruce Aeris Official Chronograph (AG5...
- Gucci Timepieces & Jewelry: Brand Info
- Altanus Geneve: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ALPINA WATCHES
- ▼ August 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)