Launched in 2008, the first Watch Concept by DeWitt, a contemporary objet d’art, highlights the creativity of the House of DeWitt.
The genesis of this objet d’art stems from a momentous encounter between two individuals. The object designed and developed under the name of WX-1 tells a story, that of two exceptional friends, Jérôme de Witt and Jean-Michel Wilmotte. The designer and the architect blended their curiosity and talent, uniting their thoughts in pursuing the single-minded goal of developing an object intended to measure time – but also and above all endowed with an exceptional design and truly avant-garde technology.
The result is the original and ultra-exclusive WX-1, which asserts itself as a spectacular incarnation of the watchmaking art, stemming directly from the concept lab of the House of DeWitt. This exceptional horology creation undeniably evokes the most cutting-edge industries.
An authentic machine representing several contemporary worlds, the pulsating heart of the WX-1 is equipped with a vertical flying tourbillon with a carriage performing one revolution per minute and visible through a cylindrical “chimney” located on the back of the case.
The mechanical hand-wound movement comprises a parallel going train with five barrels ensuring a 21-day (approximately 504-hour) power reserve. The parts making up this “competitive racing” engine – barrels, gear train, tourbillon carriage, power-reserve indicator and winding device – are all arranged in vertical order.
The WX-1 beats to the cadence of a revolutionary mechanism featuring an unprecedented construction. Contrary to standard practice and indeed to everything introduced to date, the display of the information is disengaged from the movement driving mechanism.
The going train, playing the role of propeller shaft, passes on the time measuring indications to the hour and minute discs. This complex creation is a genuine first in the history of watch engineering. It can be viewed by sliding the “hood” or “bonnet” thereby revealing the entire mechanism – the display and the movement – housed beneath its transparent covering plate.
The performances of this technological thoroughbred also relate to the materials chosen for its construction, governed by the criteria of lightness and resistance. All the parts composing the supporting structure of the WX-1 movement – mainplate and bridges – are made from an aluminium-lithium alloy. The movement weighs no more than 27 grams in all. This ultra high-tech material is currently widely used in the aeronautical industry, particularly due to its exceptional performances. The latter match those of the movement, thereby ensuring both the lightness and the reliability of a 16.04 mm thick construction composed of 458 parts.
This high-tech architectural construction combines grade 5 titanium and eloxed aluminium, both materials known for their extreme qualities and together weighing just 191 grams! One would normally expect a case of this stature to weigh around 600 gram
This exceptional timepiece is equipped with two systems on the front and back of the case. The crown traditionally located on the front of the dial serves its standard time-setting function when pulled out to the first notch.
On the back of the case, very much like jet engines, sit two cylindrical“chimneys”: one offers an original view of the tourbillon regulator at work, while the other houses the winding system of the WX-1. This device, which can be extracted from its recess by activating a bolt placed between the two cylindrical openings, serves to wind the watch.
An electronically-driven tool specially developed for this object serves to wind the five barrels in a few dozen seconds. This extremely sophisticated high-tech instrument has a 90-minute running time when fully charged. Rotating at 60 revs per minute and featuring a torque of 10 Newton/millimetre, it is powered by a lithium battery and enables the user to wind the five WX-1 barrels in just a few seconds, by means of a vertical switch. It can be recharged by a wall charger or by the USB socket on the back of the tool. The WX-1 can also be manually wound using a second tool supplied with the watch.
Mechanical, hand-wound, made in black eloxed lithium aluminium
Power reserve: 504 hours
Functions: Hours & minutes displayed by rotating discs
Mechanism: Vertical flying tourbillon
Winding: Electronically-driven pointed tool, or by hand
Vibrations: 21,600 vph (vibrations per hour)
18-carat rose gold; titanium and aluminium
Length: 72.51 mm
Width: 48.64 mm
Thickness: 21.17 mm
Inter-horn width: 24 mm
Case-back: Sapphire crystal, screwed in
Inter-horn width: 21 mm
Water resistance: 30 metres
Buckle: 18-carat rose gold
Strictly limited edition
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
Swiss luxury watch brand deLaCour offers a high end Complication timepiece for Women, the City M Tourbillon, in a limited edition of only 3 ...
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer has opened its first boutique on Australia’s iconic Gold Coast at the newly transformed world-class shopping dest...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- CVSTOS Chrono II LB 76 Limited Edition - Tribute t...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BAUME ET MERCIER WATCHES
- Bell & Ross Watches: Brand Info
- ManchesterWatchWorks Iconik 3 Automatic Dive Watch...
- TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 M (43 mm) Black Titanium &...
- The Bundesliga Watch by Tag Heuer
- MAEN Classic Moonphase Collection
- DAVOSA Speedline TX
- DAVOSA Gentlemen Automatic (New Versions)
- DEWITT ACADEMIA SKELETON - AC.SKE.001/AC.SKE.002
- Oris Artelier Skeleton
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chukker Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-02D ARCTIC
- Raúl Pagès Soberly Onyx Limited Edition
- ochs und junior Perpetual Calendar Watch
- Magrette Manaia Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-01D CELTIC
- Swiss Independent Watchmaking Pavilion to Display ...
- Ulysse Nardin Classico Schooner America Limited Ed...
- Breitling Chronoliner Blacksteel
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R
- Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition III
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its Renovated Boutique at St...
- Richard Mille RM 68-01 Tourbillon Cyril Kongo Limi...
- Richard Mille Automatic RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal
- VVCO Series 8XX1 Automatic Watch Collection
- Ateliers deMonaco Admiral Chronographe Flyback- Sa...
- CITIZEN PROMASTER SATELLITE WAVE-GPS
- Maéstro Watch Co. Executive Chrono
- Jaipur Watch Company Imperial Collection II Limite...
- Fabergé Flirt Collection
- NEONOS HOLLAND//01 Automatic Dive Watch in Forged ...
- Tag Heuer Opens Newly Imagined Flagship Boutique i...
- Oris Artelier Complication (New Model in Stainless...
- Oris GIGN Edition Limitée
- Blanchet Deep Dive Automatic, COSC
- Edox Watches : Brand Info
- Jovial Watches: Brand Info
- Victorinox Swiss Army Watches: Brand Info
- Niall GMT Automatic
- Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: LADOIRE GENÈVE WATCHES
- Charmex Watches - Brand Info
- DeWitt Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DEWITT WATCHES
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Différenciel Rainbow Sp...
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Force Constante à Chaîn...
- DeWitt Répétition Minutes Tourbillon GMT Antipode
- DeWitt Concept Watch WX-1
- BUBEN&ZORWEG Opens its New Showroom at the Prestig...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Titanium
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Chronograph
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Small
- Jaeger-LeCoultre is Unveiling its Latest Jewellery...
- MILUS Watches: Brand Info
- Longines Heritage 1969
- Corum Bubble Collection – Heritage Bubble Mother o...
- Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie ExoTourbillon Minu...
- Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare Li...
- Festina Watches: Brand Info
- Louis Moinet Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MEISTERSINGER WATCHES
- MeisterSinger Pocket Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY: Montblanc Writing Instruments
- MATWATCHES - Bruce Aeris Official Chronograph (AG5...
- Gucci Timepieces & Jewelry: Brand Info
- Altanus Geneve: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ALPINA WATCHES
- ▼ August 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)