The brand new Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R boasts a new form of gemsetting artistry that adds extra brilliance to the sparkling diamonds. The technique, with the name Flamme® registered for use in the horological industry, emphasizes the skills of the Genevan manufacture in the domain of watch exteriors and addresses the demand among many women for a classic piece of inimitable finesse.
To create this sparkling creation, the manufacture picked a model that is particularly popular among women: the Calatrava Ref. 7200 launched in 2013. It stands out with a sleek, subtle personality in an ultra-thin Officer's-style case. The Flamme® gemsetting technique, employed on a watch case for the very first time, adds extra sparkle and lucidity to the ensemble of diamonds. The bezel of the Calatrava 7200/200R in rose gold features 142 diamonds set in two staggered rows.
Because the prongs are offset against each other, they create a texture on the bezel that is reminiscent of bobbin lace. The crown is flanked with two tiny diamonds which assures that even the tiniest surface is diamond-set.
Like the stone-setting methods used for all of the manufacture's other jewelry watches, the new Flamme® setting technique reflects the genuine artistry of master jewelers and is executed in accordance with the rules of the Patek Philippe Seal. To maximize gloss and achieve the ultimate in brilliance, the diamonds must comply with the strict Top Wesselton "fine white" color grade, be flawless, and exhibit an immaculate cut. The gemsetter also makes sure that all stones are set vertically, equidistantly in their axes, and evenly in depth. This eliminates protruding facets and keeps the diamonds precisely aligned with the contours of the case. The stones are always mechanically secured and never glued. The setting geometry is chosen to cover the largest possible area of the metal.
In the new Calatrava 7200/200R, the Flamme® setting elegantly highlights the classic design of the ultra-thin Officer's-style case in 18K rose gold with its gently curved flanks and the straight lugs with screwed strap bars. A silvery grained dial with applied Breguet numerals, minute pearls, and Poire Stuart hour and minute hands in rose gold underscore the harmony of this watch. This feminine appeal is emphasized by the hand-stitched shiny royal purple alligator strap with large square scales that is secured by a prong buckle decorated with 26 brilliant-cut diamonds.
The course of time is tracked by the ultra-thin self-winding mechanical caliber 240 featuring a Spiromax® balance spring made of Silinvar®. Its 22K gold minirotor is completely recessed in the bridge plane. The architecture of this legendary movement and its lavish finissage (chamfering, perlage, and Geneva striping) can be admired through the sapphire-crystal case back.
Model: Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R
Caliber 240, ultra-thin self-winding mechanical movement
Diameter: 27.5 mm
Height: 2.53 mm
Number of parts: 161
Number of jewels: 27
Power reserve: Min. 48 hours
Winding rotor: Minirotor in 22K gold, unidirectional winding
Balance: Gyromax ®
Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 semi-oscillations/hour)
Balance spring: Spiromax ®
Balance spring stud: Adjustable
• Pushed home: To wind the watch
• Pulled out: To set the time
Center hour and minute hands
Patek Philippe Seal
Officer's-style in 18K rose gold
Flamme® setting with 142 flawless Top Wesselton brilliant-cut diamonds (~1.08 ct)
Water-resistant to 30 m (3 bar)
Case dimensions: Diameter: 34.6 mm
Width (9 to 3 o'clock incl. crown): 36.75 mm
Length (incl. lugs): 41.5 mm
Thickness (crystal to display back): 7.37 mm
Width between lugs: 17 mm
Applied Breguet numerals in 18K rose gold
"Poire Stuart" hour and minute hands in 18K rose gold
Alligator leather with large square scales, hand-stitched, shiny royal purple, 14-mm prong buckle in 18K rose gold with 26 flawless Top Wesselton brilliant-cut diamonds (~0.18 ct)
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- CVSTOS Chrono II LB 76 Limited Edition - Tribute t...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BAUME ET MERCIER WATCHES
- Bell & Ross Watches: Brand Info
- ManchesterWatchWorks Iconik 3 Automatic Dive Watch...
- TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 M (43 mm) Black Titanium &...
- The Bundesliga Watch by Tag Heuer
- MAEN Classic Moonphase Collection
- DAVOSA Speedline TX
- DAVOSA Gentlemen Automatic (New Versions)
- DEWITT ACADEMIA SKELETON - AC.SKE.001/AC.SKE.002
- Oris Artelier Skeleton
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chukker Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-02D ARCTIC
- Raúl Pagès Soberly Onyx Limited Edition
- ochs und junior Perpetual Calendar Watch
- Magrette Manaia Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-01D CELTIC
- Swiss Independent Watchmaking Pavilion to Display ...
- Ulysse Nardin Classico Schooner America Limited Ed...
- Breitling Chronoliner Blacksteel
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R
- Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition III
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its Renovated Boutique at St...
- Richard Mille RM 68-01 Tourbillon Cyril Kongo Limi...
- Richard Mille Automatic RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal
- VVCO Series 8XX1 Automatic Watch Collection
- Ateliers deMonaco Admiral Chronographe Flyback- Sa...
- CITIZEN PROMASTER SATELLITE WAVE-GPS
- Maéstro Watch Co. Executive Chrono
- Jaipur Watch Company Imperial Collection II Limite...
- Fabergé Flirt Collection
- NEONOS HOLLAND//01 Automatic Dive Watch in Forged ...
- Tag Heuer Opens Newly Imagined Flagship Boutique i...
- Oris Artelier Complication (New Model in Stainless...
- Oris GIGN Edition Limitée
- Blanchet Deep Dive Automatic, COSC
- Edox Watches : Brand Info
- Jovial Watches: Brand Info
- Victorinox Swiss Army Watches: Brand Info
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Pure
- Niall GMT Automatic
- Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: LADOIRE GENÈVE WATCHES
- Charmex Watches - Brand Info
- DeWitt Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DEWITT WATCHES
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Différenciel Rainbow Sp...
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Force Constante à Chaîn...
- DeWitt Répétition Minutes Tourbillon GMT Antipode
- DeWitt Concept Watch WX-1
- BUBEN&ZORWEG Opens its New Showroom at the Prestig...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Titanium
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Chronograph
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Small
- Jaeger-LeCoultre is Unveiling its Latest Jewellery...
- MILUS Watches: Brand Info
- Longines Heritage 1969
- Corum Bubble Collection – Heritage Bubble Mother o...
- Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie ExoTourbillon Minu...
- Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare Li...
- Festina Watches: Brand Info
- Louis Moinet Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MEISTERSINGER WATCHES
- MeisterSinger Pocket Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY: Montblanc Writing Instruments
- MATWATCHES - Bruce Aeris Official Chronograph (AG5...
- Gucci Timepieces & Jewelry: Brand Info
- Altanus Geneve: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ALPINA WATCHES
- Moritz Grossmann TEFNUT 36
- ▼ August 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)