Presented this year, the RM 35-02 is the first piece to feature an automatic calibre in the iconic Rafael Nadal collection, the exclusive, contemporary wristwatch series jointly developed by RICHARD MILLE and the Spanish tennis champion.
Since 2008, the name ‘Nadal’ graces a unique collection of Richard Mille watches that are synonymous with innovation, lightness and shock-resistance. Each of the models they have designed together—from the first RM 027 with its carbon nano-tubes case in 2010, to the cable-suspended movement of the RM 27-01, or the most recent iteration, the RM 27-02 with its NTPT Carbon ‘unibody’ base-plate—has embodied a major leap forward in terms of research and development, bearing witness to what could well be described as an entirely new, structural approach to watchmaking.
The automatic RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal is available in either NTPT Carbon or a daring bright Quartz TPT® Red with white highlights. Its silicon layers—each no thicker than 45 microns—are treated with a red resin that has been specially created for Richard Mille, then layered using an automatic system that changes the direction of the fibres in each layer by 45°. Heated under pressure at 120°C in an autoclave similar to those used for aeronautical components, the material is ready to be worked by ProArt, the manufacturer dedicated to the machining of Richard Mille components and cases.
Designed for maximum biocompatibility, stability and resistance and compliant with REACH (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals) standards, the Quartz-TPT® Red adorning the RM 35-02 can withstand accelerations of up to 5,000 g’s.
Model: Automatic Rafael Nadal RM 35-02
CALIBRE RMAL1: automatic winding skeletonised movement with hours, minutes, seconds.
Base plate Bridges And Balance Cock Made In Grade 5 Titanium: The manufacture of these components in grade 5 titanium with black PVD treatment allows the whole assembly o be given great rigidity, as well as precise surface flatness, essential for the perfect functioning of the gear train. The skeletonised base plate and the bridges have been subjected to intensive and complete validation tests in order to optimise their stress resistance
Rotor with Variable Geometry
-Arm in grade 2 titanium
-Flange in grade 5 titanium
-6-positional adjustment via grade 5 titanium screws
-Ribs in18k white gold, high palladium content
-Weight segment in white gold
-Ceramic ball bearings
-Unidirectional; anti-clockwise winding direction
This exclusive RICHARDMILLE design allows the rewinding of the mainspring to be adapted most effectively to the user’s activity level with in sports or leisure environments. By adjusting the six positional setting of the rib’s placement, the rotor’s inertia is modified, either speeding up the winding process in the case of minimal arm and hand movements, or slowing it down when intensive activity sports are pursued.
Free Sprung Balance with Variable Inertia: Guarantees greater reliability when subjected to shock and also during movement assembly and disassembly, hence better chronometric results over time. The regulator index has been eliminated, thus guaranteeing a more accurate and repeatable adjustment is possible thanks to 4 small adjustable weights located directly on the balance.
Double Barrel System: The double barrel system contributes to the torque stability over a longer period. This is achieved by dispersing the stored energy within two winding barrels, equalizing torque as well as reducing friction on the bearings and pivots resulting in improved long-term performance.
Spline Screws in Grade 5 Titanium for the Bridges: This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
Power Reserve: Circa 55 hours(±10%)
Balance: Glucydur, 2arms and 4setting screws, inertia moment 4.8mg.cm2, angle of lift 53°
Frequency: 28’800vph (4Hz)
Balance spring: elinvar
Shock protection: INCABLOC 908.22.211.100 (transparent)
Escapement wheel jewels: Rubifix (transparent)
Stem with two positions: manual winding and time setting
49.94 x 44.50 x 13.15mm
Case In NTPT Carbon Or Quartz-TPT ®Red : NTPT Carbon and Quartz-TPT® Red are exclusive material with a unique appearance. Their remarkable surface displays extremely regular undulations, as they are composed of multiple layers of parallel filaments obtained by dividing carbon fiber or silica threads. These layers, with a maximum thickness of 45 microns, are impregnated with resin then woven on a special machine that modifies the direction of the weft by 45° between layers (Quartz-TPT® layers are saturated in a red resin developed specially for Richard Mille). Heated to 120° C at a pressure of 6 bars, these materials are then ready to be processed on a CNC machine in Richard Mille’s ProArt case factory. The case of the RM35-02 is water resistant to 50meters, ensured by two Nitril O-ring seals. The case is assembled with 20 spline screws in grade 5 titanium and abrasion resistant washers in 316L stainless steel.
In NTPT Carbon with O ring seal in Alcryn.
Spline Screws in Grade 5 Titanium for the Case
This permits better control of the torque applied to the screws during assembly. These screws are therefore unaffected by physical manipulation during assembly or disassembly and age well.
Upper flange in black carbon fiber, the hours index points filled with approved luminous material.
Bezel side: in sapphire (1,800Vickers)with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
Backside in sapphire (1,800Vickers)with anti-glare treatment (both sides)
Base plate wet sand blasted grade 5 titanium, PVD treated and hand-drawn after treatment
Bridges in hand-ground grade5 titanium, wet sand blasted and Titalyt ® treated
Locking sections hand polished
Pinions with undercuts
Sand blasted and rhodium-plating, bevelled wheels (before cutting the teeth)
Minimum corrections applied to the wheels in order to preserve geometry and performance
Screw slot and screw bevelled and polished with rounded and polished tip
Straight line grain finish of the upper surface
Lower surfaces micro-blasted
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- CVSTOS Chrono II LB 76 Limited Edition - Tribute t...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BAUME ET MERCIER WATCHES
- Bell & Ross Watches: Brand Info
- ManchesterWatchWorks Iconik 3 Automatic Dive Watch...
- TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 M (43 mm) Black Titanium &...
- The Bundesliga Watch by Tag Heuer
- MAEN Classic Moonphase Collection
- DAVOSA Speedline TX
- DAVOSA Gentlemen Automatic (New Versions)
- DEWITT ACADEMIA SKELETON - AC.SKE.001/AC.SKE.002
- Oris Artelier Skeleton
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chukker Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-02D ARCTIC
- Raúl Pagès Soberly Onyx Limited Edition
- ochs und junior Perpetual Calendar Watch
- Magrette Manaia Limited Edition
- PANZERA Breuer B44-01D CELTIC
- Swiss Independent Watchmaking Pavilion to Display ...
- Ulysse Nardin Classico Schooner America Limited Ed...
- Breitling Chronoliner Blacksteel
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Ref. 7200/200R
- Oris Audi Sport Limited Edition III
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its Renovated Boutique at St...
- Richard Mille RM 68-01 Tourbillon Cyril Kongo Limi...
- Richard Mille Automatic RM 35-02 Rafael Nadal
- VVCO Series 8XX1 Automatic Watch Collection
- Ateliers deMonaco Admiral Chronographe Flyback- Sa...
- CITIZEN PROMASTER SATELLITE WAVE-GPS
- Maéstro Watch Co. Executive Chrono
- Jaipur Watch Company Imperial Collection II Limite...
- Fabergé Flirt Collection
- NEONOS HOLLAND//01 Automatic Dive Watch in Forged ...
- Tag Heuer Opens Newly Imagined Flagship Boutique i...
- Oris Artelier Complication (New Model in Stainless...
- Oris GIGN Edition Limitée
- Blanchet Deep Dive Automatic, COSC
- Edox Watches : Brand Info
- Jovial Watches: Brand Info
- Victorinox Swiss Army Watches: Brand Info
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Pure
- Niall GMT Automatic
- Gruppo Gamma Time Instruments: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: LADOIRE GENÈVE WATCHES
- Charmex Watches - Brand Info
- DeWitt Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DEWITT WATCHES
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Différenciel Rainbow Sp...
- DeWitt Academia Tourbillon Force Constante à Chaîn...
- DeWitt Répétition Minutes Tourbillon GMT Antipode
- DeWitt Concept Watch WX-1
- BUBEN&ZORWEG Opens its New Showroom at the Prestig...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Titanium
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Chronograph
- Victorinox Swiss Army Alliance Small
- Jaeger-LeCoultre is Unveiling its Latest Jewellery...
- MILUS Watches: Brand Info
- Longines Heritage 1969
- Corum Bubble Collection – Heritage Bubble Mother o...
- Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie ExoTourbillon Minu...
- Montblanc Writers Edition - William Shakespeare Li...
- Festina Watches: Brand Info
- Louis Moinet Watches : Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MEISTERSINGER WATCHES
- MeisterSinger Pocket Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY: Montblanc Writing Instruments
- MATWATCHES - Bruce Aeris Official Chronograph (AG5...
- Gucci Timepieces & Jewelry: Brand Info
- Altanus Geneve: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ALPINA WATCHES
- Moritz Grossmann TEFNUT 36
- ▼ August 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)