MB&F’s brand new timepiece, the Horological Machine N°8 takes its inspiration from the supercars developed for the legendary Can-Am sports car racing series.
Featuring a Can-Am racecar-inspired design, HM8’s curvaceous yet angular case houses two optical prisms which display bi-directional jumping hours and trailing minutes.
HM8 has separate sapphire crystal prisms for the hour and minute displays, which are wedge-shaped with precisely calculated angles to ensure that light is reflected (and reversed) from the horizontal indications to the vertical rather than refracted (bent). A convex lens at the front provides the magnification.
HM8 Can-Am is available in two versions: 18K white gold/titanium and 18K red gold/titanium.
Three-dimensional engine conceived and developed by MB&F from a Girard-Perregaux base calibre
Automatic battle-axe winding rotor in 22k gold
Power reserve: 42 hours
Balance frequency: 28,800bph / 4Hz
Number of components: 247
Number of jewels: 30
Bi-directional jumping hours and trailing minutes displayed by two optical prisms that both reflect and magnify
Material: launch editions in 18k white gold/titanium and 18k red gold/titanium
Dimensions: 49 mm x 51.5 mm x 19 mm
Number of components: 60 components
Water resistance: 30 m / 90' / 3 atm
All sapphire crystals –front, back, top, and bottom –treated with anti-reflective coating on both faces
Hand-stitched alligator strap in marine blue (white gold case) and dark brown (red gold case) with folding buckle in matching case material
In the 1960s, Formula One car racing was dominated by Europe and had strict rules and restrictions on engines to slow cars down. The engines were only developed up to 600-horsepower. A few North American racers balked at all the restrictions and decided to create their own racing series, the Canadian-American Challenge Cup (which became more popularly known as the Can-Am).The series launched many of the greatest names in car racing, including Lola and McLaren. The Can-Am basically had no rules except to go fast.
The Canadian-American Challenge Cup was a Group 7 SCCA/CASC sports car racing series running from 1966 to 1987, with two races in Canada and four in the USA each season. Because the class permitted virtually “anything goes” in terms of engine size, power and aerodynamics, the Can-Am was a hotbed of technical innovation. Wings, race turbo-charging, ground-effect aerodynamics, and materials like titanium were all honed in the Can-Am. As long as a car had two seats, bodywork around the wheels, and met basic safety rules, it was likely to qualify. At its peak, Can-Am cars had the most advanced racing technology in the world, and with 1,000 horsepower compared to Formula One's 500-600 horsepower at the time, Can-Am cars lapped some tracks faster than F1 cars. And those stunning chrome roll bars ensured the driver's safety if all of that power were to suddenly turn upside down.
While lack of restrictions in Can-Am provided its main attraction, the constant race to develop more power, better handling, and improved aerodynamics was extremely expensive. But by the early 1970s the writing was on the wall. An oil crisis followed by a recession wasn't conducive to a very expensive racing series, and in 1987 the Can-Am ran its last race.
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer has opened its first boutique on Australia’s iconic Gold Coast at the newly transformed world-class shopping dest...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
First launched in 2015 in red gold and platinum editions , the LM Perpetual is now also available in two white gold editions: a limited edit...
Swiss luxury watch brand deLaCour offers a high end Complication timepiece for Women, the City M Tourbillon, in a limited edition of only 3 ...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
Frederique Constant Analytics is a revolutionary device that measures the accuracy of mechanical watches. With this new clip and the SwissCo...
The legendary Swiss watch brand Favre-Leuba is now back. After taking over by Tata Group in 2011, Swiss watch brand Favre-Leuba, which trac...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
The captivating story of Hublot’s Ferrari themed luxury watches began in 2011, when the luxury Swiss watch manufacture signed a partnership ...
- The Swiss Women' S National Football Team Visits C...
- PUREDIAL Square Legacy
- NOMOS Glashütte – New Midnight Blue Dial Collectio...
- Zenith El Primero Range Rover Special Edition
- Freedom To Exist Watches – Introduction
- G. Gerlach Navigator 2nd Edition
- Thomas Mercer Legacy Atlantic Challenge - The Mari...
- Jean Marcel MYTHOS Vertical Limit® Chronograph
- BOVARRO MOON 1969 Automatic
- Objest - Customizable Swiss Automatic Timepieces
- Bulbul Pebble Watch - Designed by KiBiSi
- Hamtun H1 Titanium Automatic Dive Watch
- AKRONE K-02 Titanium Diver Automatic
- U-BOAT CLASSICO Tungsten “Long Window”
- Frederique Constant Classic Manufacture (New Model...
- Mido Baroncelli Caliber 80 Chronometer Si (M027.40...
- Artya - 3 Gongs Minute Repeater, Regulator & Doubl...
- MB&F Horological Machine N°8 ‘Can-Am’
- McGonigle Tourbillon
- Bentley Watches – Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY: STROM WATCHES BY DANIEL STROM
- Atlantic Seashell
- Atlantic Seaway
- Atlantic Super De Luxe
- ATLANTIC Worldmaster 1888 «Lusso» Limited Edition,...
- ATLANTIC Worldmaster 1888 «Lusso» Limited Edition,...
- Atlantic Worldmaster Diver
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ATLANTIC WATCHES
- MAURON MUSY ARMµRE COLLECTION
- Montegrappa Fortuna Mosaico - Sultry Travels
- Mido Belluna Chronograph Caliber 60 (M024.427.36.0...
- Noble Timepieces - OFFSET Collection
- Frederique Constant Classics Automatic Heart Beat,...
- Frederique Constant – New Heartbeat Manufacture Ti...
- Alpina New Startimer Pilot Automatic Chronograph
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Limited New York ...
- McGonigle Ceol Minute Repeater
- Valachio Avantiam
- Plan B Edmonton Series
- ArtyA Butterfly Set Tourbillon 1/1
- Bausele Oceanmoon II Dean Canto Limited Edition
- Alpina Alpiner 4 Automatic
- Jaquet Droz Lady 8 Flower (Reference: J032003270 &...
- Alpina Horological Smartwatch, New Blue Dial Versi...
- Anonimo Appoints Julien Haenny as the New CEO of B...
- ArtyA Chrono Tourbillon Monopusher Full Engraved 1...
- Alpina Alpiner 4 GMT “Business Timer”
- Votum – Swiss Made Automatic Watch Collection
- Priyanka Chopra Wears Roger Dubuis for Harper’s Ba...
- AUDAZ FLIEGER
- Eterna Golden Heart Limited Edition
- Catena Watches: Brand Info
- Catena SA100 Automatic Movement
- Oris BC3 Advanced Day Date, Gunmetal Grey Version
- Glashütte Original Opens New Boutiques in Vienna a...
- Montblanc Introduces the New Neo-Concept in its Bo...
- Louis Moinet Memoris Red Eclipse Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet to Present New Exhibition at the Y...
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Mikrograph Anniversary Edition 1...
- TAG Heuer Officially Launches its First Middle Eas...
- TAG Heuer New Link Lady
- HYT – The Hydro Mechanical Horologists
- Spinnaker Watches - Introduction
- Zenith El Primero 36’000 VPH
- Zenith New Elite Lady Gemset Versions - Elite Ultr...
- Bell & Ross BURNING SKULL Limited Edition
- Elementa Aedifex
- Alpine Creative Co. Handcrafted Wooden Watches Fea...
- Coen Anders Chronograph Collection
- HAUTLENCE Playground Labyrinth Limited Edition by ...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Presents a Unique Reverso Watch i...
- Pocavi El Presidente Automatic
- E.C. Andersson North Sea
- Corum Admiral Collection - Admiral Legend 42 Autom...
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Skeleton Tourbillon
- OLIVIER JONQUET - Black Capitaine, Steel Capitaine...
- Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT Limited Edition
- Manufacture Modules Technologies Sàrl Announces It...
- PEGASUS WATCHES VENEZIA – Mercurio & Nettuno
- URWERK EMC TimeHunter X-Ray Limited Edition
- Corum Admiral Legend Automatic (32 & 38 mm)
- Oris Divers Sixty-Five, Green Dial Version
- Hublot Partners with Scottish Retailer ROX as Offi...
- H. Moser & Cie. Swiss Alp Watch S
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Chronograph Per...
- Memorigin Stellar Series, Flying Tourbillon Watch ...
- Fabergé Visionnaire DTZ
- Ludovic Ballouard Upside Down Art Deco Watch in Pl...
- Bulgari Serpenti Incantati Tourbillon Lumière
- Baume & Mercier Petite Promesse (Ref. MOA 10289)
- Louis Vuitton Tambour Spin Time Blossom
- ANTOINE PREZIUSO Stella Polare
- Rudis Sylva Harmonious Oscillator RS16
- Alex Benlo Watches - Introduction
- KERBEDANZ Collaborates To Master the Language of U...
- Rado New Ceramica - Designed by Konstantin Grcic
- HYT Launches its Bespoke Department
- MB&F Balthazar - In Association with L’Epée 1839
- Frederique Constant New Slimline Moonphase Manufac...
- Breitling Navitimer GMT Aurora Blue Limited Editio...
- ▼ September 2016 (100)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)