ArtyA’s Russian Roulette blends watchmaking and myth: the controversial timepiece brings together life, death, the interval of time between the two – and the legendary Russian challenge that can take you from one to the other in a split second.
When you play Russian Roulette, there’s no room for any pretending. Just as in the real-life game, in which every bullet counts, the watch designed by ArtyA features real bullets on its dial. The theme is one that Yvan Arpa, the fully independent brand’s CEO and designer, has long been exploring in his Son of a Gun collection, which comprises four families in all: Tradition &Bicolor, Werewolf, Target, and Russian Roulette.
In addition to removing the dial and opening up certain parts of the movement, ArtyA has put a lot of work into developing style and technique. And to round off the effect, the genuine bullet cartridges – legendary calibres such as the Magnum 44, 357, P38, and so on –gracing the Russian Roulette’s dial are echoed on the other, movement side of the watch, on the barrel. The artistic choice of this component is anything but arbitrary: barrels on firearms house the chambers in which bullets are stored; in watchmaking, the barrel similarly distributes energy. And setting it in the same tradition, the barrel has six indentations –just like the six chambers of most handguns.
This rendition comes in four finishes: steel, black , chocolate and NOW blue. The Son of a Gun Russian Roulettes are available in a 44mm ‘Classic’ round case. Four versions of the case will be on offer: black, steel, chocolate and blue.
Each watch is numbered and features side inserts made from ArtyOr (the brand’s exclusive alloy) steel or black PVD. The addition of this gunmetal-like component to Son of a Gun watches provides an extra special touch: it’s made from the remains of actual used bullet cartridges.
Case: high grade steel 316L with blue PVD treatment
Engraved and screwed back case
Open sapphire back
Double anti-reflection sapphire
Fast spinning dial with handset real bullet
ArtyOr/steel or black PVD inserts
ArtyA manual Swiss high end movement ARR Skeletonized
Power reserve: 52h
Edition: Limited to 99 pieces
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
- U-BOAT CHIMERA 46 Limited Edition in Titanium and ...
- Oris Altimeter Rega Limited Edition
- SINN 212 KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte) Limited Edit...
- SINN 6200 WG MEISTERBUND I Limited Edition (18-Car...
- Vortic Watch Company - Red Rocks Amphitheatre “Hal...
- British Fashion Watch Brand CIRCULR Launches Kicks...
- Jaquet Droz Supports the Restoration of Historical...
- TAG Heuer Supports China Aerospace Industry 60th A...
- TAG Heuer Connected 18K Rose Gold Version
- HYT Colorblock Collection
- Zenith Special Edition Academy Christophe Colomb T...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Lady Diamond-Set Ro...
- SINN U1 S E
- FreakishWATCH by Sabrina Fossi Design
- Deviate Watches - The Ascent Pro 200m
- Lumbr Troy: Handcrafted Wood Watch with Visible Me...
- Longines Avigation Watch Type A-7 1935
- M149 Watch by Filippo Martini
- Kratos Cerebrum
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer Manufacture (New ...
- Anonimo Autumn/Winter collection – The Militare Li...
- Squale Squalematic 60 ATM Professional
- Elliot Brown Tyneham Automatic
- Tag Heuer Introduces Carrera Chrono Calibre Heuer-...
- TAG Heuer Opens Bloomingdale’s shop-in-shop Boutiq...
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady Steel Blue Dial
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Calibre 5 “RING MASTER” – Specia...
- Vescari Heritage Chronograph
- German Design Award 2017 for NOMOS Glashütte’s Min...
- H. Moser & Cie. Joins the Fondation de la Haute Ho...
- Carl F. Bucherer Debuts Manero Peripheral and Mane...
- meshable 003 Automatic
- Swiss Watch Brand Longines Announces a Major Advan...
- DAVOSA Flatline Phase of Moon
- Christophe Claret Marguerite New Model
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Time Zone Honey Gold Limi...
- Girard-Perregaux Announces Their Participation in ...
- DELTAt NBS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CARL F. BUCHERER WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : RADO WATCHES
- moVas R.A.W. II Double Balance
- DELTAt SoRa – The Pilot Watch
- Laco Watches : Brand Info
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Presents a Special Exhibition in ...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: JAEGER-LECOULTRE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : EBEL WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ULYSSE NARDIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PAUL PICOT WATCHES
- Rado Celebrates the Partnership with Swiss Indoors...
- Grayton Automatic Watches - Introduction
- RAYMOND WEIL Tango 300 Chronograph
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Chronograph Special Edition ...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph WBC L...
- SAINT HONORE Monceau Lady
- Biatec Majestic Collection
- ArtyA Butterfly Delicacy Tourbillon 1/1
- SAINT HONORE Carrousel Self-winding "Open Dial"
- Rado True N25E121 Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : NAUTICA WATCHES
- Biatec Corsair Collection
- URWERK Raging Gold UR-105 Limited Edition
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Micromegas Revolution
- Hublot Big Bang Black Jaguar & White Tiger Foundat...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Tourbillon Hand-Wound...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Fourth Boutique in Macau
- Zenith Heritage Cronometro TIPO CP-2 Limited Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Skeleton Tribute to The Rolling ...
- Zenith El Primero Limited Edition for Hodinkee
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens New Boutique at Mall of the...
- MB&F Astrograph Limited Edition
- Frederique Constant Sponsors Power of Women
- Raymond Weil Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MONTBLANC WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ETERNA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Grönefeld Luxury Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VULCAIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMAND NICOLET WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PIERRE DEROCHE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Rebellion Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : OMEGA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VAN CLEEF & ARPELS WATCHES
- L. Leory Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : L.LEROY WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : GLYCINE WATCHES
- Jean Marcel NANO 3900µ Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LUMINOX WATCHES
- Patek Philippe Presents The Art of Watches Grand E...
- Luminox New Carbon SEAL3800 Series
- Hermès Médor Serti Baguette
- Hublot Renews Its Partnership with Depeche Mode
- Defakto Kinetik Modular
- Defakto Dialog
- Breitling Emergency Night Mission
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Skeleton Tourbillon Boutiq...
- The World of Hublot Show at The Dubai Mall Opens i...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos 568 by Marc Newson
- Montblanc High Artistry Homage to Marco Polo Limit...
- MEW HYDROFORCE X1
- ARCHIMEDE Pilot 42 KS Handwound
- ▼ October 2016 (170)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)