With this new model, Polish watch brand G. Gerlach recreates the legacy of classic, hand-wound railway watches manufactured by legendary watch makers like Hamilton, Elgin and Waltham. A typical railway watch fulfills the specific requirements of the railroad transportation such as high precision, outstanding quality, high visibility and heavy duty. Readability was a main factor. Dials and hands used luminous materials, hand applied. It created a thick, visible and robust layer that changed the appearance with time.
Before 2nd World War only two prototypes of Pm36 steam locomotive were built the same year. First of them (Pm36-1) had an aerodynamic cover. Aerodynamic cover was tested in a aerodynamic tunnel in Warsaw University of Technology. The second one (Pm36-2) had a standard look. Top speed of aerodynamic version was 20 km/h higher than the version without fairing, archiving astonishing for that time 140 km/h. The Pm36-1 gained a gold medal at the 1937 International Exposition of Art and Technology in Paris (Expo). It was a great success for a growing industry of independent Poland between World Wars.
Only one locomotive survive the World War II. It was Pm36-2. It was in service until 1966 then it was transferred to Warsaw Railway Museum. In 1995 it went through a major overhaul and returned to the service as a tourist attraction in Wolsztyn Museum.
The Pm36 watch is equipped with mechanical movement with hand winding (Seagull ST3620) with power reserve up to 56 hours.
Seagull ST3620 movement
Case size: 43x52x13 mm
Case made from surgical stainless steel 316L, polished or sandblasted
White or black face
Luminous hands and face
Sapphire glass, one side covered with anti-reflective coating
Leather or mash bracelet, 22mm lug-to-lug size
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
After the success of the original Blue Seafire launched during Baselworld 2016, Speake-Marin created a new blue edition for its first partic...
After the success of their two first Velsheda Gothic editions, Speake-Marin proposes a third version of this iconic model with, for the firs...
This year, Speake-Marin unveils the new Brown Serpent Calendar featuring a curved gold guilded-steel date hand and multi-layered, satin-fini...
Swiss luxury watch maker URWERK celebrates its 20th birthday in 2017 in style. The UR-T8, which marks the 20th anniversary of the brand, is ...
In 2016, TAG Heuer announced that exactly 710 Heuer-02T Tourbillon movements were certified by the independent testing body, Contrôle Offici...
In 2017, RJ-Romain Jerome is releasing a new edition of Space Invaders™ watch collection, the Swiss watch brand’s tribute to the popular vid...
With the new Firshire Ronde small seconds, Paul Picot reaffirms its ability to master the art of combining the classical tradition and value...
Audemars Piguet has been a master of open-worked or skeleton mechanical watches since the 1930s. Today, it performs it in precisely the same...
- U-BOAT CHIMERA 46 Limited Edition in Titanium and ...
- Oris Altimeter Rega Limited Edition
- SINN 212 KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte) Limited Edit...
- SINN 6200 WG MEISTERBUND I Limited Edition (18-Car...
- Vortic Watch Company - Red Rocks Amphitheatre “Hal...
- British Fashion Watch Brand CIRCULR Launches Kicks...
- Jaquet Droz Supports the Restoration of Historical...
- TAG Heuer Supports China Aerospace Industry 60th A...
- TAG Heuer Connected 18K Rose Gold Version
- HYT Colorblock Collection
- Zenith Special Edition Academy Christophe Colomb T...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Lady Diamond-Set Ro...
- SINN U1 S E
- FreakishWATCH by Sabrina Fossi Design
- Deviate Watches - The Ascent Pro 200m
- Lumbr Troy: Handcrafted Wood Watch with Visible Me...
- Longines Avigation Watch Type A-7 1935
- M149 Watch by Filippo Martini
- Kratos Cerebrum
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer Manufacture (New ...
- Anonimo Autumn/Winter collection – The Militare Li...
- Squale Squalematic 60 ATM Professional
- Elliot Brown Tyneham Automatic
- Tag Heuer Introduces Carrera Chrono Calibre Heuer-...
- TAG Heuer Opens Bloomingdale’s shop-in-shop Boutiq...
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady Steel Blue Dial
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Calibre 5 “RING MASTER” – Specia...
- Vescari Heritage Chronograph
- German Design Award 2017 for NOMOS Glashütte’s Min...
- H. Moser & Cie. Joins the Fondation de la Haute Ho...
- Carl F. Bucherer Debuts Manero Peripheral and Mane...
- meshable 003 Automatic
- Swiss Watch Brand Longines Announces a Major Advan...
- DAVOSA Flatline Phase of Moon
- Christophe Claret Marguerite New Model
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Time Zone Honey Gold Limi...
- Girard-Perregaux Announces Their Participation in ...
- DELTAt NBS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CARL F. BUCHERER WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : RADO WATCHES
- moVas R.A.W. II Double Balance
- DELTAt SoRa – The Pilot Watch
- Laco Watches : Brand Info
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Presents a Special Exhibition in ...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: JAEGER-LECOULTRE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : EBEL WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ULYSSE NARDIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PAUL PICOT WATCHES
- Rado Celebrates the Partnership with Swiss Indoors...
- Grayton Automatic Watches - Introduction
- RAYMOND WEIL Tango 300 Chronograph
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Chronograph Special Edition ...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph WBC L...
- SAINT HONORE Monceau Lady
- Biatec Majestic Collection
- ArtyA Butterfly Delicacy Tourbillon 1/1
- SAINT HONORE Carrousel Self-winding "Open Dial"
- Rado True N25E121 Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : NAUTICA WATCHES
- Biatec Corsair Collection
- URWERK Raging Gold UR-105 Limited Edition
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Micromegas Revolution
- Hublot Big Bang Black Jaguar & White Tiger Foundat...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Tourbillon Hand-Wound...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Fourth Boutique in Macau
- Zenith Heritage Cronometro TIPO CP-2 Limited Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Skeleton Tribute to The Rolling ...
- Zenith El Primero Limited Edition for Hodinkee
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens New Boutique at Mall of the...
- MB&F Astrograph Limited Edition
- Frederique Constant Sponsors Power of Women
- Raymond Weil Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MONTBLANC WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ETERNA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Grönefeld Luxury Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VULCAIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMAND NICOLET WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PIERRE DEROCHE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Rebellion Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : OMEGA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VAN CLEEF & ARPELS WATCHES
- L. Leory Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : L.LEROY WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : GLYCINE WATCHES
- Jean Marcel NANO 3900µ Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LUMINOX WATCHES
- Patek Philippe Presents The Art of Watches Grand E...
- Luminox New Carbon SEAL3800 Series
- Hermès Médor Serti Baguette
- Hublot Renews Its Partnership with Depeche Mode
- Defakto Kinetik Modular
- Defakto Dialog
- Breitling Emergency Night Mission
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Skeleton Tourbillon Boutiq...
- The World of Hublot Show at The Dubai Mall Opens i...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos 568 by Marc Newson
- Montblanc High Artistry Homage to Marco Polo Limit...
- MEW HYDROFORCE X1
- ARCHIMEDE Pilot 42 KS Handwound
- ▼ October 2016 (169)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)