After the success of the Velsheda Gothic launched during Baselworld this year, Speake-Marin proposes a second version of this iconic model with its gothic inspiration in a limited edition of 8 pieces.
For this second edition of the Velsheda Gothic, the dial is still dressed with Roman and Arabic numeral. But instead of having only the number 12 coloured, the 4, 8 and 12 indexes are red. The red numbers are classical connotations and associations with early pocket and the wrist watches made in England where on some classic designs the dials were in black with the exception of the “12”.
The dial of this Velsheda is in enamel. A noble material which will withstand the test of time and bring us back to the inspirations of Peter Speake-Marin’s designs linking to his early days in restoration of antique watches in London.
Remembering that the Velsheda in a single handed watch. The sumptuously sculpted hand is neatly counter balanced by a pointer at one end and an arc at the other; coupled with the fine 5-minute graduations around the peripheral chapter ring. For ease of reading the time, the point of the hand is red.
While the single hand extends across the diameter of the dial, its central hub is in the form of the Speake-Marin topping tool logo, as is the central seconds wheel sitting above it. The rotation of the seconds wheel on top of the slower moving hub of the hand creates ever changing, eye-catching patterns, drawing the eye to the centre of Velsheda’s dial.
Finally, the Velsheda’s Vaucher calibre is an automatic winding movement. The movement dominates the view through the display-back and provides a technical backdrop for the beautifully finished rotor. Like the central hub of the hand and the seconds wheel, the rotor is in the shape of the Speake-Marin topping tool logo, a motif permeating the whole timepiece.
Calibre Vaucher 3002, self-winding movement
Dimensions: 30.40mm x 4.35mm.
Frequency: 28,800vph / 4Hz
Power reserve: ~ 50 hours
Central hours, 5 minutes segments and seconds wheel
Piccadilly case in titanium (grade 5)
Front and back sapphire crystals treated with anti-reflective coating
Diameter: 42 mm
Water resistance: 3 bar (30 meters)
Enamel featuring tapered Roman and Arabic numerals
Red marker at 4, 8 & 12
Chapter ring divided into graduations of 5 minutes
Single central blued hand, central blued ‘topping tool’ seconds wheel
Point of the hand in red
Pin buckle in titanium
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- U-BOAT CHIMERA 46 Limited Edition in Titanium and ...
- Oris Altimeter Rega Limited Edition
- SINN 212 KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte) Limited Edit...
- SINN 6200 WG MEISTERBUND I Limited Edition (18-Car...
- Vortic Watch Company - Red Rocks Amphitheatre “Hal...
- British Fashion Watch Brand CIRCULR Launches Kicks...
- Jaquet Droz Supports the Restoration of Historical...
- TAG Heuer Supports China Aerospace Industry 60th A...
- TAG Heuer Connected 18K Rose Gold Version
- HYT Colorblock Collection
- Zenith Special Edition Academy Christophe Colomb T...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Lady Diamond-Set Ro...
- SINN U1 S E
- FreakishWATCH by Sabrina Fossi Design
- Deviate Watches - The Ascent Pro 200m
- Lumbr Troy: Handcrafted Wood Watch with Visible Me...
- Longines Avigation Watch Type A-7 1935
- M149 Watch by Filippo Martini
- Kratos Cerebrum
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer Manufacture (New ...
- Anonimo Autumn/Winter collection – The Militare Li...
- Squale Squalematic 60 ATM Professional
- Elliot Brown Tyneham Automatic
- Tag Heuer Introduces Carrera Chrono Calibre Heuer-...
- TAG Heuer Opens Bloomingdale’s shop-in-shop Boutiq...
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady Steel Blue Dial
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Calibre 5 “RING MASTER” – Specia...
- Vescari Heritage Chronograph
- German Design Award 2017 for NOMOS Glashütte’s Min...
- H. Moser & Cie. Joins the Fondation de la Haute Ho...
- Carl F. Bucherer Debuts Manero Peripheral and Mane...
- meshable 003 Automatic
- Swiss Watch Brand Longines Announces a Major Advan...
- DAVOSA Flatline Phase of Moon
- Christophe Claret Marguerite New Model
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Time Zone Honey Gold Limi...
- Girard-Perregaux Announces Their Participation in ...
- DELTAt NBS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CARL F. BUCHERER WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : RADO WATCHES
- moVas R.A.W. II Double Balance
- DELTAt SoRa – The Pilot Watch
- Laco Watches : Brand Info
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Presents a Special Exhibition in ...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: JAEGER-LECOULTRE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : EBEL WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ULYSSE NARDIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PAUL PICOT WATCHES
- Rado Celebrates the Partnership with Swiss Indoors...
- Grayton Automatic Watches - Introduction
- RAYMOND WEIL Tango 300 Chronograph
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Chronograph Special Edition ...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph WBC L...
- SAINT HONORE Monceau Lady
- Biatec Majestic Collection
- ArtyA Butterfly Delicacy Tourbillon 1/1
- SAINT HONORE Carrousel Self-winding "Open Dial"
- Rado True N25E121 Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : NAUTICA WATCHES
- Biatec Corsair Collection
- URWERK Raging Gold UR-105 Limited Edition
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Micromegas Revolution
- Hublot Big Bang Black Jaguar & White Tiger Foundat...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Tourbillon Hand-Wound...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Fourth Boutique in Macau
- Zenith Heritage Cronometro TIPO CP-2 Limited Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Skeleton Tribute to The Rolling ...
- Zenith El Primero Limited Edition for Hodinkee
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens New Boutique at Mall of the...
- MB&F Astrograph Limited Edition
- Frederique Constant Sponsors Power of Women
- Raymond Weil Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MONTBLANC WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ETERNA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Grönefeld Luxury Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VULCAIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMAND NICOLET WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PIERRE DEROCHE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Rebellion Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : OMEGA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VAN CLEEF & ARPELS WATCHES
- L. Leory Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : L.LEROY WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : GLYCINE WATCHES
- Jean Marcel NANO 3900µ Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LUMINOX WATCHES
- Patek Philippe Presents The Art of Watches Grand E...
- Luminox New Carbon SEAL3800 Series
- Hermès Médor Serti Baguette
- Hublot Renews Its Partnership with Depeche Mode
- Defakto Kinetik Modular
- Defakto Dialog
- Breitling Emergency Night Mission
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Skeleton Tourbillon Boutiq...
- The World of Hublot Show at The Dubai Mall Opens i...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos 568 by Marc Newson
- Montblanc High Artistry Homage to Marco Polo Limit...
- MEW HYDROFORCE X1
- ARCHIMEDE Pilot 42 KS Handwound
- ▼ October 2016 (170)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)