Luxury Swiss watch manufacture Zenith has created a special edition Zenith El Primero timepiece in partnership with HODINKEE, the premier online resource for watch enthusiasts.
Created for HODINKEE and available only via the site’s online boutique, this 25-piece limited edition is inspired by a 1960s Zenith chronograph. It features a retro look, a slate gray dial, a 38 mm-diameter steel case and a column-wheel El Primero movement chronometer-certified by the COSC. Several traits found in the HODINKEE Limited Edition El Primero appear exclusively on this timepiece and nowhere else in the Zenith collection.
The special edition offered by Zenith on the HODINKEE Shop is inspired by a 1960s Zenith chronograph, much beloved by the HODINKEE team. The original was equipped with the Caliber 146D oscillating at a rate of 18,000 vibrations/hour, ensuring a 38-hour power reserve and driving displays of the hours, minutes, small seconds at 9 o’clock. It also included a chronograph function with central sweep-seconds hand and 45-minute counter at 3 o’clock, as well as a tachymetric scale.
Chronometer-certified by the COSC, this 254-part column-wheel chronograph, wound by an oscillating weight adorned with “Côtes de Genève”, drives an extremely accurate tenth-of-a-second display and has an over 50-hour power reserve. Its high-frequency mechanism is housed in a 38 mm-diameter steel case that is water-resistant to 50 meters and features a fluted crown as well as two round pushers.
Only 25 of these watches will be made and they are available exclusively at shop.HODINKEE.com for $7,900. Shipping is available world-wide with immediate delivery.
In creating this Zenith timepiece, Ben Clymer and his team at HODINKEE worked in close cooperation with the designers and watchmakers of the Zenith Manufacture in selecting a handful of traits liable to appeal to purist timepiece collectors. These include a 38mm vintage-style case (whereas most El Primero are found in 42mm or above); a two-register dial without a date window, a configuration typical of 1960s chronographs; and a specially created COSC-certified movement reference regulated and adjusted to meet chronometer standards.
In the course of only eight years, HODINKEE has established itself as the preeminent resource for modern and vintage wristwatch enthusiasts. Founder and Executive Editor Benjamin Clymer and his team of writers are known for their innate understanding of both historical references and the most cutting-edge haute horlogerie, and more importantly, can explain them in a way that is both entertaining and easy to understand. With a focus on creative content, HODINKEE was named by Time Magazine as one of the 50 Best Websites in the world, while Clymer is an active member of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Geneve four years running and was declared “The High Priest Of Horology” by the New York Times.
Model: Zenith El Primero Hodinkee Edition
Limited Edition of 25 units
El Primero 4069, Automatic
Calibre 13¼``` (Diameter: 30 mm)
Movement thickness: 6.60 mm
Frequency: 36,000 VpH (5 Hz)
Power-reserve: min. 50 hours
Finishes: Oscillating weight with “Côtes de Genève” motif
Hours and minutes in the centre
Small seconds at 9 o’clock
> Central chronograph hand
> 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock
Units per hour scale on the flange
Diameter: 38 mm
Diameter opening: 33.10 mm
Thickness: 12.45 mm
Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
Case-back: Transparent sapphire crystal
Material: Stainless steel
Water-resistance: 5 ATM
Slate grey sunray dial
Hour-markers: Rhodium-plated & faceted
Hands: Rhodium-plated & faceted
Black alligator leather strap with protective rubber lining
Stainless steel pin buckle
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
HOLOS is a young watch brand based in Singapore. Keeping to a modernist philosophy of clean lines and functional aesthetic, and after 2 year...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- U-BOAT CHIMERA 46 Limited Edition in Titanium and ...
- Oris Altimeter Rega Limited Edition
- SINN 212 KSK (Kommando Spezialkräfte) Limited Edit...
- SINN 6200 WG MEISTERBUND I Limited Edition (18-Car...
- Vortic Watch Company - Red Rocks Amphitheatre “Hal...
- British Fashion Watch Brand CIRCULR Launches Kicks...
- Jaquet Droz Supports the Restoration of Historical...
- TAG Heuer Supports China Aerospace Industry 60th A...
- TAG Heuer Connected 18K Rose Gold Version
- HYT Colorblock Collection
- Zenith Special Edition Academy Christophe Colomb T...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Lady Diamond-Set Ro...
- SINN U1 S E
- FreakishWATCH by Sabrina Fossi Design
- Deviate Watches - The Ascent Pro 200m
- Lumbr Troy: Handcrafted Wood Watch with Visible Me...
- Longines Avigation Watch Type A-7 1935
- M149 Watch by Filippo Martini
- Kratos Cerebrum
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer Manufacture (New ...
- Anonimo Autumn/Winter collection – The Militare Li...
- Squale Squalematic 60 ATM Professional
- Elliot Brown Tyneham Automatic
- Tag Heuer Introduces Carrera Chrono Calibre Heuer-...
- TAG Heuer Opens Bloomingdale’s shop-in-shop Boutiq...
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady Steel Blue Dial
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Calibre 5 “RING MASTER” – Specia...
- Vescari Heritage Chronograph
- German Design Award 2017 for NOMOS Glashütte’s Min...
- H. Moser & Cie. Joins the Fondation de la Haute Ho...
- Carl F. Bucherer Debuts Manero Peripheral and Mane...
- meshable 003 Automatic
- Swiss Watch Brand Longines Announces a Major Advan...
- DAVOSA Flatline Phase of Moon
- Christophe Claret Marguerite New Model
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Time Zone Honey Gold Limi...
- Girard-Perregaux Announces Their Participation in ...
- DELTAt NBS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CARL F. BUCHERER WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : RADO WATCHES
- moVas R.A.W. II Double Balance
- DELTAt SoRa – The Pilot Watch
- Laco Watches : Brand Info
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Presents a Special Exhibition in ...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: JAEGER-LECOULTRE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : EBEL WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ULYSSE NARDIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PAUL PICOT WATCHES
- Rado Celebrates the Partnership with Swiss Indoors...
- Grayton Automatic Watches - Introduction
- RAYMOND WEIL Tango 300 Chronograph
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Chronograph Special Edition ...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph WBC L...
- SAINT HONORE Monceau Lady
- Biatec Majestic Collection
- ArtyA Butterfly Delicacy Tourbillon 1/1
- SAINT HONORE Carrousel Self-winding "Open Dial"
- Rado True N25E121 Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : NAUTICA WATCHES
- Biatec Corsair Collection
- URWERK Raging Gold UR-105 Limited Edition
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Micromegas Revolution
- Hublot Big Bang Black Jaguar & White Tiger Foundat...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Tourbillon Hand-Wound...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Fourth Boutique in Macau
- Zenith Heritage Cronometro TIPO CP-2 Limited Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Skeleton Tribute to The Rolling ...
- Zenith El Primero Limited Edition for Hodinkee
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens New Boutique at Mall of the...
- MB&F Astrograph Limited Edition
- Frederique Constant Sponsors Power of Women
- Raymond Weil Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MONTBLANC WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ETERNA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Grönefeld Luxury Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VULCAIN WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMAND NICOLET WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : PIERRE DEROCHE WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Rebellion Timepieces
- PRODUCT GALLERY : OMEGA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : VAN CLEEF & ARPELS WATCHES
- L. Leory Watches: Brand Info
- PRODUCT GALLERY : L.LEROY WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : GLYCINE WATCHES
- Jean Marcel NANO 3900µ Limited Edition
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LUMINOX WATCHES
- Patek Philippe Presents The Art of Watches Grand E...
- Luminox New Carbon SEAL3800 Series
- Hermès Médor Serti Baguette
- Hublot Renews Its Partnership with Depeche Mode
- Defakto Kinetik Modular
- Defakto Dialog
- Breitling Emergency Night Mission
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Skeleton Tourbillon Boutiq...
- The World of Hublot Show at The Dubai Mall Opens i...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Atmos 568 by Marc Newson
- Montblanc High Artistry Homage to Marco Polo Limit...
- MEW HYDROFORCE X1
- ARCHIMEDE Pilot 42 KS Handwound
- ▼ October 2016 (169)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)