MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute Horlogerie timepieces in service to those who are seriously involved in the world of international yachting, from Lake Geneva to the world’s oceans. To realize this project, Daniel has created a partnership with David Candaux, a master watchmaker renowned for his contemporary haute horlogerie creations.
Oceanrider TMA01 V1
By combining specific elements of style and sophistication found on modern Super Yachts together with the culture of Haute Horlogerie, the Oceanrider line redefines the codes at the heart of the 21stcentury’s marine timekeeping.
Seconds at 6 o’clock
60 second flying tourbillon
Iris with adjustable opening
Main crown for winding and setting the time
Secondary crown for adjusting the iris aperture
Bronze Special A-HP with bezel and pushers in grade-5 titanium
White gold 150PD 18K with bezel and pushers in grade-5 titanium
Number of components: 36
Diameter of the case: 44 mm
Dial opening: 37 mm
Overall thickness: 11 mm
Water resistance: 50 meters
Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
Additional holes drilled into the luggs to mount straps with regular pins.
Automatic flying tourbillon
Caliber: Montandon & Co - TMA01 V1
Diameter: 34 mm
Number of components: more than 250
Balance frequency: 21,600 oscillations - 3Hz
Number of Jewels: 26
Power reserve: 72 hours
Spiral: Breguet overcoil
Annular peripheral rotor allowing clear view of the movement
Composed of 2 18K gold parts, mechanically assembled
7 appliques in 18K white gold
Guilloche center ‘wave pattern’
Available in 3 basic colors: blue, snow and slate
Hands: 3 hands in 18K white gold, with Super-Luminova treatment
Crocodile, inside and outside, with rolled-edges, hand-stitched
Supplied with an integrated pin pusher, allowing its quick and easy change
2 blade folding deployment buckles in polished stainless steel 316L
End piece in Special A-HP Bronze or 18K 150PD white gold
Bronze Special A-HP: from CHF 128’000,00
White gold 150PD 18K: from CHF 146’000,00
About Daniel M. Montandon
The horological knowledge and passion that flows in the veins of MONTANDON & Co’s identity can be traced to the generations of Daniel M. Montandon’s background. He grew up in a world fully infused with all the traditions and values that form the heart and soul of Swiss watchmaking within a renowned family that marked the watchmaking industry with their footprint. André, his paternal grandfather, was an independent watchmaker in Le Locle and the well-known manufacture Eberhard & Co was founded in 1887 by Georges Eberhard, his great grandfather. Following a spirit of adventure during the mid-1940, André his father, became one of the first official representatives of the Swiss Watch Federation in South America at that time. André Heiniger his uncle was the President of Rolex for over 40 years during its period of incredible worldwide expansion.
With a personal history such as this, it was only natural that Daniel M. Montandon would be drawn to follow his family’s footsteps, and in this capacity he worked for many years with several major brands. The fall of the Berlin Wall launched him as a pioneer of Haute Horlogerie in the Russian Federation as well as other East European countries, where he was responsible for the introduction and promotion of prestigious high-end brands.
Daniel M. Montandon’s passion for the nautical world was evident at an early age when he participated in his first regattas at the age of 12. Later, this passion would draw him into establishing a career in naval architecture during which he received international acclaim. During this period he collaborated with leading shipyards specialized in the construction of large modern yachts such as Perini Navi, inventing and developing numerous devices to improve the performance, safety and maneuverability of these tall ships. His fascination with the marine world extended his interests to include scuba diving, a sport in which he still participates during free moments in his busy schedule.
About David Candaux
Coming from generations of watchmaking background and a child of the famed watchmaking area Vallée de Joux, David Candaux is a master watchmaker and constructer of movements. He is the author of famed contemporary masterpieces of watchmaking. With the idea of taking ‘solo flight’, he decided to establish a Ferme Horlogère (historical watchmakers’ farm) encapsulating the heritage of the Vallée de Joux, to apply his numerous talents for prestigious brands.
Impressed by the philosophy behind the MONTANDON & Co project, he became the ideal partner to provide a mechanical life force with innovative ideas for the brand. The universe of David Candaux and his team thus engage in perfect harmony together with that of MONTANDON &Co, providing a pioneering mechanical spirit infused with the watchmaking traditions of the Vallée de Joux.
Website : http://montandonandco.ch/
- ► 2017 (723)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Moon Medium
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large
- Basse Broye Chronographe
- Swiss Watchmaker Carl F. Bucherer Presents the Bra...
- deLaCour City M Tourbillon
- LIMES Neptun - New, Redesigned Version
- Holthinrichs - 3D Printed Mechanical Wrist Watches...
- Grayton Origin: The Mechanical Smart Watch
- Oris Divers Sixty-Five with Silver Dial
- Largest Hublot Boutique Opens in Al-Khobar in the ...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Memovox Boutique Edition
- MONTANDON & Co – Seven Seas Chronometers
- Favre-Leuba - Raider and Chief Collections
- Favre Leuba Watches : Brand Info
- Stewart Dawson Belgravia Collection
- Christopher Ward C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve
- A. Lange & Söhne Begins the Dispatch of its Datogr...
- TAG Heuer and the Red Bull Racing Formula One Team...
- TAG Heuer Opens New Boutique on Australia’s Gold C...
- MeisterSinger “Peter Henlein” Edition
- MB&F Legacy Machine Perpetual White Gold
- Frederique Constant Launches Ingenious Watch Accur...
- Jean Marcel MYTHOS 160.281.52 with Full Horizontal...
- Hublot Big Bang Ferrari - New Edition
- Goldgena Project CODE 41 - ANOMALY 1 & ANOMALY 2
- Bell & Ross BR-X1 Chronograph Tourbillon Sapphire ...
- Chopard Imperiale Joaillerie
- Breitling Chronospace Evo Night Mission
- Gentleman Warfare V1 Gent Automatic
- Mido Belluna Heures & Minutes Decentrees (M024.444...
- Glashütte Original and Jaquet Droz inaugurate new ...
- Glashütte Original Lady Serenade in Red Gold and B...
- Glashütte Original Senator Moon Phase Skeletonized...
- Piaget Bridal Collection - Piaget Jardin Secret So...
- Piaget Chinese New Year Collection - Piaget Altipl...
- Fernweh Clipperton
- A. Lange & Söhne Opens Boutique in Macao
- Hublot - Classic Fusion Chronograph Cheval Blanc R...
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Small Seconds XL Paramagn...
- U-BOAT Classico U-47
- MONTFORT STRATA
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Tourbillon Dual Time Sapp...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Chronograph Edition “...
- Micro Watches & Online Funding –Trends & Analysis ...
- NOOMOON LABB - The Loopless and Buckleless Band fo...
- Citizen Watch Group to Open the World’s First “Cit...
- BOVET 1822 Receives the Prize for Best Independent...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Pokémon Pikachu Limited Edition
- HYT Skull Axl Rose Limited Edition
- RJ-Romain Jerome DIFC-DNA Limited Edition
- Hublot - Classic Fusion Tourbillon Cathedral Minut...
- Chopard L.U.C Full Strike
- Casio Introduces its New Pro Trek PRG600Y-1 Timepi...
- ArtyA Son of Earth Butterfly Bicolor
- Chopard L.U.C XP Urushi – Year of the Rooster
- TUDOR PELAGOS LHD
- Halda Race Pilot Trackmaster
- Deep Blue "Master 2000 Diver" Limited Edition
- Robert Loomes & Co - English Watches, Manufactured...
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer XL Concept Dubai Edition
- ShopWorn.com Launches New Shopping Concept
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Concept Cosmic Green Lim...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers d’Art - The Legend of ...
- Audemars Piguet unveils the new Royal Oak Frosted ...
- Arnold & Son DTE Wins the ‘Best Multi-Time Zone Wa...
- SAINT HONORE Opéra Checkerboard Collection
- Mido Belluna Lady Mother-of-Pearl (M024.207.22.110...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Berluti Scritto Platinum Lim...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Jeans Ceramic All Black Boutique E...
- H. Moser & Cie. Heritage Tourbillon Skeleton
- REMOD - Reversible & Modular Bracelets for Smart W...
- Alexis Garin Watches: Brand Info
- Saint Honore UAE National Day MONCEAU Chronograph ...
- Ghost Studio Presents Analogue Watch Face Apps Des...
- Dan Henry 1970
- Junghans Watches - Master Pieces from Schramberg
- Ulysse Nardin Announces a 5-Year Warranty on Its A...
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Annual Calendar Edi...
- Bruno Magli Otantta Signature Edition
- Jean Marcel MYTHOS Vertical Limit® 564.280.32
- Moritz Grossmann BENU Tourbillon Receives “The Jud...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Frosted Gold
- Oris Royal Navy Clearance Diver Limited Edition
- Edison Watch Co Launches Kickstarter Campaign
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Dual Time Concept Limite...
- Patek Philippe: The Authorized Biography - The Def...
- Belgian Watch Brand Jakhals Launches Kickstarter C...
- Geoffrey Roth Watches - Introduction
- Art Mécanique AM 16-01Limited Edition Collection f...
- Angelus U40 Racing Tourbillon Skeleton
- Young Watch Brand SVSTEM Launches Crowd Funding Ca...
- Frederique Constant Unveils New Horological Smartw...
- RSC "P-51 Mustang” SCAT VII Swiss Made Automatic P...
- MACMILLAN - Watches Inspired by Urban Cycling
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph Speci...
- Christopher Ward Announces Partnership with Morgan...
- Casio America Introduces the Elegant and Stylish E...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Perpetual in Ma...
- G. Gerlach PZL 37B
- Armin Strom Mirrored Force Resonance Fire Limited ...
- ▼ November 2016 (106)
- ► 2015 (1720)
- ► 2014 (2439)
- ► 2013 (1672)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1424)
- ► 2009 (2063)
- ► 2008 (517)