On demand of its exclusive retailer in London, William & Son, Laurent Ferrier has created a special 18k rose-gold and platinum limited edition of the new Galet Traveller Night Blue, applying red gold-leaf to highlight the United Kingdom's position in the enamel dial.
The UK-only edition is based on the Galet Traveller movement LF 230.1 - which offers 80 hours of power reserve and functions with a so called "natural" escapement - and is visible through the sapphire case back on which the name William & Son has been engraved in a unique blue lacquer displayed at 12 o'clock.
The centre of this dial is adorned with a convex planisphere depicting the five continents in 18K white gold, surrounded by a blue enamel sea. Crafted using the age-old champlevé technique, the area destined to host the seas and oceans is hollowed out from the material before the enamel is applied. The difficulty lies in performing this enamelling on a domed surface serving to re-produce the rotundity of the Earth and in highlighting the central five-continent motif. The edge of the continents slopes gently towards the coastlines, displaying various shades of blue.
The unique aesthetic of the model is heightened by the drop-shaped hour-markers whose tips extend beyond the ring, giving the impression that they are literally suspended in the void.
1- Cells are carved on the metal plate (dial)
2- Delicate enamel is embedded in the carved surface of the dial
The piece is then fired until the enamel melts
3- After cooling the surface of the object is polished and continents painted
4- 5N red gold leafs are applied on the enamel dial to highlight the United Kingdom's position
The Galet Traveller Globe Night Blue was developed in such a way as to combine practicality with an overall balance of the timepiece, thus ensuring readability and performance in all circum-stances.
Two perfectly symmetrical oblong pushers delicately integrated into the left-hand side of the case serve to adjust the local time indicated by the central hand. When passing from one time zone to another, this central hours hand may be moved forward or backwards in one-hour increments by successive presses. The upper pusher moves the hand one hour forwards, while the lower one moves it backwards, all without affecting the minutes hand.
In addition to this fast adjustment of local time, the date appearing through an aperture at 3 o’clock automatically jumps when the hand passes midnight, thereby adjusting without any separate intervention to the transitions between different time zones. Meanwhile, the 9 o’clock aperture keeps track of the reference time (home time). The 24-hour display provides a natural distinction between daytime and night-time hours.
The Galet Traveller Globe is powered by self-winding LF Calibre 230.01, incorporating the dual-time adjustment mechanism as well as the date. It features a system of unidirectional automatic winding via a pawl-fitted micro-rotor, backed by a double direct-impulse échappement naturel. This escapement is distinguished by the fact that the balance receives two direct impulses for each oscillation, thereby guaranteeing excellent efficiency matched by an 80-hour power reserve.
The decoration and finishing are performed in keeping with the spirit of Haute Horlogerie, combining extreme dexterity with artisan-style expertise. The sapphire crystal case-back of the Galet Traveller Globe enables one to admire the exquisite refinement of this craftsmanship and was engraved in a specific blue lacquer at 12 o'clock with the name of William & Son for this specific limited edition. In addition to the Côtes de Genève décor on the bridges and the circular graining on the mainplate, the sides are manually chamfered and the screw heads are polished. The hand chamfering is particularly visible in the finesse of the interior angles, highlighting the authentic respect for the watchmaking art consistently cultivated by Laurent Ferrier.
The Galet Traveller Globe Night Blue for William & Son will be limited to five pieces in rose gold and platinum.
References: Red Gold: LCF012.R5 / Platinum: LCF012.P1
Self-winding Calibre LF230.01
Off-centred micro-rotor in 18K solid gold with pawl-fitted unidirectional winding, fixed between the mainplate and the bridge of the micro-rotor and equipped with a “silent bloc” shock-absorbing system
Natural escapement with double direct-impulse directly on the balance
Silicon pallet-lever with self-lubricating properties, escape-wheels in a phosphorous nickel alloy, produced according to LIGA technology
Indications: hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock, date at 3 o’clock home time/reference time at 9 o’clock
Correctors: crown for winding and time-setting and, on the left side of the case, two push-buttons (+) and (-) respectively positioned at 10 and 8 o’clock, to adjust the time hour per hour with automatic date correction
Diameter: 14’’’ ( Ø 31.60 mm)
Thickness: 5.80 mm
Frequency: 3Hz (21,600 vibrations per hour)
Power reserve: 80 hours
5N red gold or platinum
Three parts: case middle, bezel and snap-on case-back
Size: Ø 41 mm (49 mm including the lugs)
Thickness: of the material 10 mm / including the sapphire crystal 13.70 mm
Domed sapphire crystals, front and back engraved at 12 o’clock with a William & Son logo
Water-resistant to 30 metres
“Ball-shaped” crown in 5N red gold or platinum
In 18K gold, spherical centre in translucent blue champlevé enamel with a circular satin-brushed sloping blue rim
Drop-shaped hour-markers in 18K white gold
Bevelled date window at 3 o’clock
Dual time-zone aperture at 9 o’clock
18K white gold
Hand-sewn blue alligator leather, Alcantara lining
16 mm pin buckle or double-blade folding clasp, in 18K white gold
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
Arnold & Son unveils a new rendition of its unique DBG dual-time (GMT) timepiece, the DBG Skeleton. An acronym for “double balance” and ...
Hamilton’s relationship with Hollywood began in 1951 – underwater – when actors playing naval diving heroes wore Hamilton watches in the Osc...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Of classic watch design and yet discretely sportive, this charismatic gent’s chronograph pays homage to times when in watchmaking chronograp...
- The Abingdon Co. Celebrates its 10th Anniversary
- Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Tourbillon Mother-of-Pe...
- Christopher Ward - C3 Malvern Chronograph MK III &...
- Vincent Calabrese Watches: Brand Info
- Perrelet Turbine Rooster Limited Edition
- Grönefeld 1941 Remontoire – New Versions
- Hublot Presents "Connected Frame" Concept in Partn...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Quartz
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver
- IWC Schaffhausen Da Vinci Automatic (Ref. IW356601...
- Girard-Perregaux Neo-Bridges
- Atokalpa Celebrates its 15th Anniversary with the ...
- Mo Eden MK1
- IWC Schaffhausen Da Vinci Chronograph Edition “Lau...
- Oris New Aquis Date
- Graham Chronofighter Vintage GMT
- H. Moser & Cie. Heritage Tourbillon
- PRODUCT GALLERY : H. MOSER & CIE. WATCHES
- H. Moser & Cie. Heritage Perpetual Moon
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Concept Guilloché Limite...
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Smoky Sapphire
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Small Seconds Purity
- H. Moser & Cie. Swiss Alp Watch Minute Retrograde ...
- Promoted Kickstarter Campaigns
- RJ-Romain Jerome Moon Orbiter GMT
- Hawthorn Watch Co. - Hemingway and Hemingway Class...
- Singapore Based Watch Brand PLAIN SUPPLIES Launche...
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA – New Models
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar
- Jaquet Droz Petite Heure Minute Astorite - Valenti...
- MeisterSinger Neo Plus
- Franck Muller Gravity™ Skeleton
- Franck Muller Vanguard™ Skeleton Sapphire
- Franck Muller Vanguard™ 7 Days Power Reserve Skele...
- Franck Muller CINTREE CURVEX™ 25th Anniversary
- HAUTLENCE VORTEX BRONZE
- Girard-Perregaux Tri-Axial Planetarium
- IWC Schaffhausen Da Vinci Perpetual Calendar Chron...
- IWC Schaffhausen Da Vinci Tourbillon Rétrograde Ch...
- IWC Schaffhausen Da Vinci Automatic Moon Phase 36
- A. Lange & Söhne Tourbograph Perpetual “Pour le Mé...
- A. Lange & Söhne ZEITWERK DECIMAL STRIKE
- A. Lange & Söhne LANGE 31
- A. Lange & Söhne Little Lange 1 Moon Phase
- Longines Conquest Classic FIS Alpine World Ski Cha...
- Edox Delfin The Original Chronograph
- Breguet Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Officine Panerai Presents the Official Watches Of ...
- Panerai LAB-ID™ Luminor 1950 Carbotech™ 3 Days – 4...
- Panerai Luminor 1950 Oracle Team USA 3 Days Chrono...
- GVCHIANI GENÈVE BIG SQUARE Collection
- Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 America’s Cup 3 Days A...
- Panerai Luminor 1950 Regatta Oracle Team USA 3 Day...
- Panerai Luminor Marina Oracle Team USA 8 Days Acci...
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Pure High Art Limited Editio...
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Tourbillon Grand Feu
- Ulysse Nardin Marine Annual Calendar Chronometer w...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk 46 Auto Camo Editions
- Jacob & Co. Astronomia Flawless
- Jacob & Co. Astronomia Octopus
- Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Softbank Team Japan 3 ...
- Zenith El Primero 36’000 VPH
- Zenith Heritage 146
- Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 BMG-TECH™ 3 Days ...
- Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic ...
- Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic ...
- Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 Amagnetic 3 Days ...
- Panerai Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Automatic ...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Space Invaders ™ Pop Limited Edit...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Hybris Artistica Mystérieuse
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Geophysic Collection - Geophysic ...
- URWERK UR-106 Flower Power
- URWERK UR-T8
- De Bethune DB25L Milky Way
- TAG Heuer Announces More Than 700 Tourbillon Movem...
- TAG Heuer New Aquaracer Lady 300 Metres 35mm
- TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300M, 43mm, Stainless Steel Ca...
- TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Day-Date Chronograph ...
- TAG Heuer CARRERA HEUER-01 Full Black Matt Ceramic...
- Longines Flagship Heritage – 60th Anniversary 1957...
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang All Black
- Hublot Big Bang One Click Cuddly Cuff Collection
- Hublot Big Bang Broderie Sugar Skull Fluo
- Hublot Classic Fusion Bracelet Blue
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph, New Models
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Tourbillon Extra-Thin Op...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Extra-Thin Yellow Gold
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar - Bla...
- Audemars Piguet Diamond Outrage
- Zahnd & Kormann ZK No. 1 – Swiss Made Automatic Ch...
- Paul Picot Firshire Ronde Small Seconds
- Ulysse Nardin Regatta
- Ulysse Nardin InnoVision 2
- Ulysse Nardin Jade “Grand Feu” and Jade “Cloisonné...
- Ulysse Nardin North Sea Minute Repeater
- DeWitt Lady Pressy Honey
- DeWitt Academia Stainless Steel Grande Date
- DeWitt Sparkling Out of Time
- DeWitt Glorious Knight HMS
- Boston & Stewill Tourer, Swiss Made Automatic Watc...
- ▼ January 2017 (154)
- ► 2016 (1573)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)