1947 saw the foundation of French Watchmaking company Michel Herbelin, which this year celebrates its 70th birthday. An anniversary watch commemorating those seven decades of watchmaking passion is to be issued in a numbered limited series of 500 worldwide. Paying tribute to the past, this new timepiece christened Inspiration 1947 also brings beauty into the present moment, beating to the rhythm of its manually wound mechanical movement.
While naturally drawing inspiration from the watch designs of its earliest years – 1947 to 1950 – Michel Herbelin has taken painstaking care over every detail of its anniversary model to anchor it in the 21st century.
Lovers of beauty will appreciate Michel Herbelin’s single-minded attention to the finish of each tiny detail. Like the ribbed, ball-shaped crown set with a blue cabochon, or the watch strap made from gold leather, artisanally hand-finished for a patina that brings the final touch of elegance to the timeless design of this commemorative timepiece.
True to the watchmaking conventions of the 1950s, Inspiration 1947 is fitted with a manually wound mechanical movement – the first seen at Michel Herbelin since 1970. As ever, a Swiss-made calibre was selected to guarantee reliability and sturdiness: the 24-jewelled Sellita 11 ½ SW216-1 oscillates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and offers a 42-hour power reserve. The circular graining and Côtes de Genève pattern of its workings can be admired through a transparent caseback.
Founded in Charquemont in the Haut-Doubs region, French Watchmaking Atelier Michel Herbelin has been designing timepieces that highlight French watchmaking expertise for 70 years. The family-run business takes pride in producing quality watches of refined design, and making them widely accessible through its reasonable price range. In keeping with this philosophy laid down in 1947, the Michel Herbelin anniversary watch was conceived, designed, assembled, calibrated and inspected within the Maison in the Jura.
Model: Inspiration 1947 Anniversary Watch – limited edition
Manually wound mechanical (Sellita 11 ½ SW216-1)
Circular-grained and decorated with Côtes de Genève
24 jewels, 28,800 vibrations/hour
42-hour power reserve
316L stainless steel plated in polished 20-micron yellow gold
Bezel in 316L stainless steel plated in 20-micron yellow gold
Domed sapphire glass
Crown set with a blue cabochon (synthetic gemstone)
Diameter: 40 mm: thickness 10.05 mm
Water-resistant to 30 metres
Limited and numbered series of 500 watches
Matte silver sunray, domed
Hour and minute hands, dagger-shaped, curved
Small seconds counter at 6 o’clock
Date aperture at 3 o’clock
Hours, minutes, small seconds, date
Recommended Retail Price: €1,450
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Re-Belle, the wonderful ladies’ watch collection from the luxury Swiss watch brand CVSTOS, now welcome new iterations. After a first succes...
- Parmigiani Fleurier Ovale Pantographe
- Parmigiani Fleurier Ovale Tourbillon Rose Gold Aby...
- MB&F Legacy Machine No 2 Titanium
- Girard-Perregaux Cat’s Eye Celestial
- Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti Aérolithe Performance ...
- Hermès Cape Cod – New Versions
- Longines Celebrates Its 185th Anniversary
- Russian Actress Yulia Peresild Joins Rado as Globa...
- Breitling Colt Skyracer
- Gruppo Gamma Vanguard Mk IV
- Siegfriedson – Elegant Mechanical Timepieces from ...
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Bell & Ross - BR03-92 Horograph & BR03-92 Horolum
- Ateliers Demonaco Opens Its First Boutique in the ...
- MATWATCHES HIGH COMMAND AG 7
- MATWATCHES “Les Etoiles du Sport Solidaires” (Unit...
- JS Watch Co Sif North Atlantic Rescue Timer (N.A.R...
- Oris Hammerhead Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Avenue Classic Cherry Blossom
- ArtyA Son of Sea Tourbillon
- Danish Watch Brand Obaku Celebrates Its 10th Anniv...
- MATWATCHES AG7 XL Limited Edition
- CHRONOSWISS Sirius Flying Regulator Jumping Hour
- MATWATCHES Groupama Team France Regate Timer Limit...
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Enamel Limited Edition
- ANGELUS U10 Tourbillon Calavera
- Mother's Day Special: Louis Moinet Stardance Moonp...
- AEROWATCH –1942 “Night & Day”
- Corum Golden Bridge Rectangle
- Shiv Timeless Inception Collection
- Movado Ultra Slim
- TAG Heuer Announces Its E-Commerce Partnership Agr...
- American Top Model Bella Hadid Is the New Female F...
- Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Pirelli - Double Fly...
- ArtyA “Coup de Foudre” for Valentine's Day
- Straton Watch Co. Syncro
- Voutilainen Vingt-8 ISO
- CVSTOS Re-Belle Collection
- Calvin Klein minimal
- Gucci Le Marché Des Merveilles Collection (New Add...
- Hamilton - Khaki X-Wind Auto Chrono & Khaki X-Wind...
- Blancpain- Fifty Fathoms 38mm (Ref: 5100-1140-O52A...
- Tissot Ballade
- Rebellion Predator 2.0 Regulator Tourbillon
- Eberhard & Co. Scafograf GMT
- Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph Rally Timer Count...
- Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic Accia...
- Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 Carbotech™ 3 Days Auto...
- Styrman & Crew Launches Kickstarter Campaign
- Glashütte Original Celebrates 7th year of Berlinal...
- Glashütte Original Suggests Some Stunning Pair Wat...
- Maurice Lacroix AIKON Ladies 30mm & 35mm
- Maurice Lacroix AIKON Chrono 44mm with Blue Dial
- Maurice Lacroix Eliros Date Ladies New Model
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity Blue
- Maurice Lacroix Eliros Date Ladies Valentine’s Day...
- Vincent Calabrese Kronos Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin SuperCat Concept
- Seiko Presage Enamel Collection, Edition 2017
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Polo Special Edition for the...
- Cuervo y Sobrinos Torpedo Pirata “Crono Day Date”
- Raymond Weil tango (New Versions)
- Michel Herbelin Inspiration 1947, Anniversary Watc...
- TAG Heuer FORMULA 1 Chronograph Manchester United ...
- TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer-01 Calibre Manufacture Chr...
- ArtyA Son of Earth Black Tobacco
- Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph 1000 Limited Edit...
- Montblanc TimeWalker Date Automatic
- Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph Automatic
- Montblanc TimeWalker Chronograph UTC
- LORNET Watches: Genuinely ‘Made in France’
- Vacheron Constantin Appoints Louis Ferla as Its Ne...
- NOMOS Glashütte wins iF Design Award 2017 for its ...
- Alpina Seastrong Horological Smartwatch
- Long Island Watch Adds the Hemel Brand of Watches ...
- The Abingdon Co. Announces a New Retailer in Toron...
- Frederique Constant Classic Worldtimer Manufacture...
- Montblanc High Artistry Homage to Johannes Kepler ...
- AEROWATCH Les Grandes Classiques Self-Winding Semi...
- deLaCour Reflect Chrono Skeleton
- Carl f. Bucherer Timepieces Make Their Appearance ...
- BRELLUM Duobox Chronometer
- ▼ February 2017 (83)
- ► 2016 (1572)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)