With the Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36, luxury watchmaker Arnold & Son pays tribute to the historical high-precision chronometers made by legendary master watch maker John Arnold. Drawing inspiration from the John Arnold pocket chronometer No. 1/36, which will mark its 240th anniversary in 2018, the Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36 is a commemorative creation leading up to the milestone year for the historically significant John Arnold chronometer.
The John Arnold Chronometer No. 1/36, also known as “Arnold 36”, was not only the first pocket watch by John Arnold to use a larger movement with his “T” balance, but also the first to be referred to as a “chronometer” for its superior timekeeping capabilities. In this respect, the Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36 is faithful, contemporary horological homage. Following the classical codes of traditional English chronometer movements, the main pivoting elements such as the wheels, barrels, the tourbillon, and others are each mounted on their own bridge. The triangular, multilevel bridges (no less than thirteen) are mostly skeletonized, providing a more contemporary sense of three-dimensional depth to the entire timepiece.
The decorative haute horlogerie arts are also lavishly demonstrated in the Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36. The entirely in-house conceived and manufactured A&S8600 calibre features a smooth sand-blasted main plate and bridges with chamfered and polished edges. The main plate and bridges are treated with a golden coating, echoing the aesthetics of the historical pocket watches made by John Arnold. The main plate also is set with several mirror-polished 18k gold chatons, while the wheels in the gear train are embellished with circular satin finishing with chamfered and polished edges. Even the screws are beveled and feature with mirror-polished heads.
Model: Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36
Manufacture Arnold & Son calibre, hand-wound, 33 jewels, diameter 37.8 mm, thickness 5.9 mm, power reserve 90 h, double barrel, 4 Hz / 28’800, COSC certified
Hours, minutes, small seconds, tourbillon
Nickel-silver and steel movement, 5N red gold treated bridges and main plate with Haute Horlogerie finishing: sand blasted bridges with chamfered and polished edges, 18k gold chatons, screws with bevelled and mirror-polished heads
Tourbillon cage: mirror-polished with hand-chamfered polished edges and circular satin-finished surfaces
Inner bezel NAC treated with rhodium indexes
18-karat red gold or stainless steel, diameter 46 mm, cambered sapphire with anti-reflective coating on both sides, see-through sapphire case back, water-resistant to 30 m
Hand-stitched brown or black alligator leather
28 timepieces in each version
Red gold: 1ETAR.G01A.C112A
Stainless steel: 1ETAS.G01A.C112S
Recommended Retail Prices
- Red gold case, CHF 52’800 (VAT excl.)
- Stainless steel case, CHF 34’900 (VAT excl.)
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
TAG Heuer expands its AQUARACER watch series with two Commando styled watches. Available in two versions - Arctic and Jungle - the Aquarace...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
To be unveiled at Baselworld 2017, the new Sport Classic collection pays tribute to EBEL’s formidable craftsmanship during the 1970s and 198...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
Swiss mechanical clock manufacture L'Epée 1839 unveils Requiem: a table clock with an 8-day movement designed in partnership with Kostas...
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Moonphase
- Hublot Big Bang One Click Italia Independent
- Hublot MP-09 Tourbillon Bi-Axis
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Sapphire
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Blue Sapphire & Red Sapphire...
- Hublot Techframe Ferrari 70 Years Tourbillon Chron...
- Mido Commander Icône (M031.631.11.061.00)
- Breitling Navitimer Rattrapante
- Czapek & Cie Place Vendôme Tourbillon suspendu «Ic...
- Oris Regulateur ‘Der Meistertaucher’
- Oris Chronoris
- Oris Staghorn Restoration Limited Edition
- Oris Artelier Grande Lune Date
- Oris Big Crown 1917 Limited Edition
- TAG Heuer New 2017 “Link Lady”
- TAG Heuer CARRERA HEUER-01 Rose Gold
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady 2017
- TAG Heuer Steel Link for Men Calibre 5
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer-02T with a Baguette Diamon...
- TAG Heuer AQUARACER Camouflage 300 Metres, Calibre...
- TAG Heuer – The New AUTAVIA
- Mido Ocean Star Caliber 80 Titanium (M026.430.47.0...
- L'Epée 1839 Requiem by Kostas Metaxas
- ArtyA Golden Dragon Tourbillon 1/1
- Lebeau-Courally Micro II
- Bering Automatic Vitus 1728
- LOCMAN Stealth 300 Metres Carbon Chronograph
- Mido Baroncelli Prisma (M007.207.11.116.00)
- KERBEDANZ Squama Tourbillon
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle world time Plat...
- Chopard Happy Ocean
- EBEL Sport Classic
- Chopard L.U.C XPS Twist QF Fairmined Limited Editi...
- Mido Baroncelli Heritage (M027.407.22.010.00 & M02...
- Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Italdesign Edition
- TAG Heuer pays tribute to Muhammad Ali and its clo...
- Ulysse Nardin Classic Sonata
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45
- Roger Dubuis Opens New Flagship Boutique at Harrod...
- Arnold & Son DBG Skeleton Limited Edition
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 StingHD Limited Edition...
- DUFA REGULATOR 9017
- Christopher Ward Launches Exclusive Timepiece Coll...
- Rönkkö Icarus Bi-Hemispheric Moon Complication Sil...
- Amir Watches - Nomadic Empires Collection
- Matthias Naeschke Table clock NT 12
- Schlumpf Time Machines – The Art of Enjoying Time
- Fabergé Visionnaire Chronograph
- Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Range Rover Velar S...
- Ulysse Nardin Jade “Grand Feu”
- Raymond Weil Freelancer Chronograph “Gibson Les Pa...
- Longines Presents All New Conquest V.H.P Collectio...
- Arnold & Son Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36 Limited...
- De Bethune DB28 Kind of Blue Tourbillon Meteorite
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar II
- Chopard L.U.C Lunar One Platinum Limited Edition
- Chopard Mille Miglia Classic Chronograph - His and...
- F.P. Journe - Octa Automatique Réserve & Octa Auto...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun “Raging Skull”
- Angelus U21 and U22 Tourbillon
- Zelos Launches Kickstarter Campaign for its Latest...
- Arnold & Son Instrument DSTB, New Stainless Steel ...
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity C...
- Greubel Forsey Signature 1 Platinum
- Greubel Forsey Grande Sonnerie
- VARIO Eclipse Watch
- COVER Co191 Althea
- COVER Co193 Amelia
- COVER CoA8 Lady Diamond Open Heart
- COVER Co178 Concerta Pearl
- Oris Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition I...
- Zannetti Scuba Art Piranha Mid-Size
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Blue Edition
- ZANNETTI DISCOBOLO
- STOWA Launches Special Edition Watches On Its 90th...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art HM Falcon
- Christopher Ward C8 Regulator Limited Edition
- Graham London Geo. Graham Tourbillon Orrery, Pink ...
- LIMES Endurance PD
- deLaCour Saqra Urban
- THE MACALLAN X URWERK FLASK
- TEMPTION MODEL CM05 RELAUNCH
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane 12 Hour
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Unveils a New Heritage Gallery at...
- British Watch Brand Lufbery Launches Kickstarter C...
- Louis Moinet Metropolis
- ArtyA Hand Crafted Mother of Pearl 1/1
- ▼ March 2017 (87)
- ► 2016 (1573)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)