Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe Claret manufacture. This year, the watchmaker joins forces with American lifestyle brand StingHD and presenting a new variation of this watch in an 8-piece limited edition. Like the original X-TREM-1, this new timepiece combines an inclined flying tourbillon with retrograde hours and minutes display system based on magnetic fields. The new X-TREM-1 – StingHD comes dressed in a black PVD treated titanium case, a skull on the tourbillon carriage, and a stingray leather or personalized strap. In an additional spirited touch, breathing on the sapphire crystal reveals a skull motif.
The X-TREM-1 has always been an anti-conformist by nature, starting with the innovative technical refinement of its retrograde hours and minutes display. For the first time in the field of mechanical watch making, the X-TREM-1 timepiece makes use of a magnetic field – the arch enemy of horological mechanisms – into the heart of a watch.
It made possible with a system where two small steel spheres – hollowed to make them lighter and encased within two sapphire tubes placed to the right and left of the caseband – are controlled by precision magnetic fields generated by two miniature magnets moved by cables. The cables are incredibly flexible, made from hundreds of Dyneema nanofibers all contained within an ultra-high-strength polyethylene gel, capable of withstanding tensile forces of up to a kilo. The entire thread is thinner than a human hair (4 hundredths of a mm in diameter). The resistance of the thread has been tested in the Manufacture Claret on an accelerated-wear simulator corresponding to six years of operation. The spheres have no mechanical connection with the movement, with each one floating inside the two tubes and creating outstanding horological magic. This technology was developed with the School of Business and Engineering Vaud (HEIG-VD) in Yverdon-les-Bains, and a team headed by Professor Besson.
The entire construction and finishing of this timepiece meets the extreme demands systematically imposed by Christophe Claret. Ultra-light titanium was used for the three-dimensional curvex mainplate and the bridges. The flying tourbillon is fitted with double ceramic bearings to enhance its shock-resistance. It is inclined at a 30-degree angle in order to make it even more clearly visible to the wearer. The hand-wound watch draws its energy from two barrels enabling the use of a sophisticated display without disturbing the rate of the tourbillon, and thus the accuracy of the watch. The first barrel is reserved for the tourbillon, the second for the hours and minutes.
This model comes with two straps designed by StingHD: one in black stingray leather, and the other which can be personalized by its owner. In addition, the presentation box also includes a matching, handcrafted bracelet adorned with a black diamond encrusted skull with ruby eyes.
Model: X-TREM-1 – STING HD
Caliber: FLY11 - mechanical, hand-wound movement
Dimensions: 26.6 x 46.4 x 11.94 mm
Number of components: 432
Number of jewels: 66
Power reserve: 50+ hours
Dual barrels: one for the movement gear train, one for the time indications
Display-regulation escapement: The tourbillon movement and the time indication gear trains each have their own independent energy supply to optimize power distribution and duration
Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 vph)
Tourbillon rotates once every 60 seconds
Flying tourbillon inclined at 30° supported by a double ceramic bearing, with cone-shaped pinion transmission
Black chrome-plated aluminum skull with natural red ruby eyes
Mystery hours and minutes displayed with indications provided by hollowed steel spheres moving 23 mm inside two cylindrical sapphire tubes. The metal spheres are driven by magnetic carriages following a thread.
Seconds displayed on the tourbillon cage
Movement state-of-wind indication
Fast time adjustment is via an integrated pusher on the caseband at 12 o’clock
Curvex with sides inclined at a 30° angle
Mainplate and bridges in bead-blasted titanium
Open-worked ratchet and wheel
Use of precisely-shaped magnetic fields in a mechanical movement
No mechanical connection between the indications and the movement
Winding and time-setting via lift-out rotating “bows” on caseback
Rectangular with curvex profile
Dimensions: 40.80 x 56.80 x 15 mm
Water resistance: 3 ATM / 30 m / 100 ft
Material: Black PVD-treated grade 5 titanium with red Super-LumiNova lines on the sides and red lacquered numerals
Cylindrical ring-bound tubes in stainless steel, black PVD treatment
A skull appears on the sapphire crystal when breathed upon
Two watch straps supplied, one in black stingray leather strap and the other personalized
One complimentary matching, handcrafted bracelet adorned with a black diamond encrusted skull with ruby eyes
8-piece limited series
Price in Swiss francs (ex VAT): 278’000
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
TAG Heuer expands its AQUARACER watch series with two Commando styled watches. Available in two versions - Arctic and Jungle - the Aquarace...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
To be unveiled at Baselworld 2017, the new Sport Classic collection pays tribute to EBEL’s formidable craftsmanship during the 1970s and 198...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
Swiss mechanical clock manufacture L'Epée 1839 unveils Requiem: a table clock with an 8-day movement designed in partnership with Kostas...
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Moonphase
- Hublot Big Bang One Click Italia Independent
- Hublot MP-09 Tourbillon Bi-Axis
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Sapphire
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Blue Sapphire & Red Sapphire...
- Hublot Techframe Ferrari 70 Years Tourbillon Chron...
- Mido Commander Icône (M031.631.11.061.00)
- Breitling Navitimer Rattrapante
- Czapek & Cie Place Vendôme Tourbillon suspendu «Ic...
- Oris Regulateur ‘Der Meistertaucher’
- Oris Chronoris
- Oris Staghorn Restoration Limited Edition
- Oris Artelier Grande Lune Date
- Oris Big Crown 1917 Limited Edition
- TAG Heuer New 2017 “Link Lady”
- TAG Heuer CARRERA HEUER-01 Rose Gold
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady 2017
- TAG Heuer Steel Link for Men Calibre 5
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer-02T with a Baguette Diamon...
- TAG Heuer AQUARACER Camouflage 300 Metres, Calibre...
- TAG Heuer – The New AUTAVIA
- Mido Ocean Star Caliber 80 Titanium (M026.430.47.0...
- L'Epée 1839 Requiem by Kostas Metaxas
- ArtyA Golden Dragon Tourbillon 1/1
- Lebeau-Courally Micro II
- Bering Automatic Vitus 1728
- LOCMAN Stealth 300 Metres Carbon Chronograph
- Mido Baroncelli Prisma (M007.207.11.116.00)
- KERBEDANZ Squama Tourbillon
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle world time Plat...
- Chopard Happy Ocean
- EBEL Sport Classic
- Chopard L.U.C XPS Twist QF Fairmined Limited Editi...
- Mido Baroncelli Heritage (M027.407.22.010.00 & M02...
- Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Italdesign Edition
- TAG Heuer pays tribute to Muhammad Ali and its clo...
- Ulysse Nardin Classic Sonata
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45
- Roger Dubuis Opens New Flagship Boutique at Harrod...
- Arnold & Son DBG Skeleton Limited Edition
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 StingHD Limited Edition...
- DUFA REGULATOR 9017
- Christopher Ward Launches Exclusive Timepiece Coll...
- Rönkkö Icarus Bi-Hemispheric Moon Complication Sil...
- Amir Watches - Nomadic Empires Collection
- Matthias Naeschke Table clock NT 12
- Schlumpf Time Machines – The Art of Enjoying Time
- Fabergé Visionnaire Chronograph
- Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Range Rover Velar S...
- Ulysse Nardin Jade “Grand Feu”
- Raymond Weil Freelancer Chronograph “Gibson Les Pa...
- Longines Presents All New Conquest V.H.P Collectio...
- Arnold & Son Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36 Limited...
- De Bethune DB28 Kind of Blue Tourbillon Meteorite
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar II
- Chopard L.U.C Lunar One Platinum Limited Edition
- Chopard Mille Miglia Classic Chronograph - His and...
- F.P. Journe - Octa Automatique Réserve & Octa Auto...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun “Raging Skull”
- Angelus U21 and U22 Tourbillon
- Zelos Launches Kickstarter Campaign for its Latest...
- Arnold & Son Instrument DSTB, New Stainless Steel ...
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity C...
- Greubel Forsey Signature 1 Platinum
- Greubel Forsey Grande Sonnerie
- VARIO Eclipse Watch
- COVER Co191 Althea
- COVER Co193 Amelia
- COVER CoA8 Lady Diamond Open Heart
- COVER Co178 Concerta Pearl
- Oris Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition I...
- Zannetti Scuba Art Piranha Mid-Size
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Blue Edition
- ZANNETTI DISCOBOLO
- STOWA Launches Special Edition Watches On Its 90th...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art HM Falcon
- Christopher Ward C8 Regulator Limited Edition
- Graham London Geo. Graham Tourbillon Orrery, Pink ...
- LIMES Endurance PD
- deLaCour Saqra Urban
- THE MACALLAN X URWERK FLASK
- TEMPTION MODEL CM05 RELAUNCH
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane 12 Hour
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Unveils a New Heritage Gallery at...
- British Watch Brand Lufbery Launches Kickstarter C...
- Louis Moinet Metropolis
- ArtyA Hand Crafted Mother of Pearl 1/1
- ▼ March 2017 (87)
- ► 2016 (1573)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)