At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership with world-renowned Italian designer, Italdesign. To celebrate this partnership, the Geneva based luxury watchmaking house has launched a magnificent eight-piece limited edition of the brand’s cutting-edge Excalibur line, the Excalibur Spider Single Tourbillon, in a stunning combination of carbon and ceramic sporting the Italian national colours.
Iconic and extravagant by nature, Excalibur is deeply embedded in the DNA of the Maison, epitomising the boldly adventurous nature of a Manufacture that has always been determined to stay several laps ahead of the pack. The Excalibur Spider Italdesign Edition is no exception to this rule and forcefully expresses the brand’s unwavering focus on ‘disruptive materials and progressive complications’.
Multi-level complexity and sophistication Italdesign was founded in Moncalieri in 1968 and has been creating cutting-edge prototype showcars ever since. With a client list that includes some of the world’s top brands, the company has been the brains behind a distinguished number of iconic Italian design legends and is a reference in the field today.
Italdesign, like Roger Dubuis, prides itself on being the facilitator of turning dreams into projects, but the similarity does not end here. Both have accustomed their followers to the regular unveiling of world premieres from their ever-busy innovation pipeline. In addition to their firm commitment to styling, engineering and design, the brands share a powerful character and perpetually forward-looking attitude that is crystallised in the ‘Dare to be Rare’ concept, summing up a bold approach to watchmaking and a determination to take the road less travelled.
Both propel the notion of tailormade and handmade to the ultimate extreme, powered by the combination of vast knowledge, comprehensive expertise, sophisticated research and innovative drive that is the basis of all Roger Dubuis partnerships. Such partnerships are only possible between parties that have also long since grasped the fact that exclusive service leaves a lasting imprint on hearts and minds.
Proudly Italian Bold, sporty and clearly recognisable, the Excalibur Spider Italdesign Edition picks up the signature features of Roger Dubuis skeleton timepieces with their star shaped design, tourbillon carriage in the shape of a Celtic cross and high-end finishing, includes the circular-grained plate of a hand-wound Calibre RD505SQ. The Excalibur Spider concept extends the unique Roger Dubuis skeleton principle beyond the movement to encompass external elements such as the bezel and flange, providing an ideal showcase for specific colour coding – in this case with red-tipped skeleton hands and red rubber vulcanised titanium crown.
This design element is further used to full advantage with the proud featuring of the green, white and red of the Italian flag on the dial and green, white and red stitching on the black rubber strap.
This stunning high-octane model bears the prestigious Poinçon de Genève, the ultimate guarantee of adherence to the watch industry’s strictest criteria of quality and craftsmanship. Its launch coincides with that of the Italdesign Hypercar.
With its motorsports-inspired design and the notion of “lightweight” as its own guiding star, this stunning new model is a unique study in technical aerodynamics. Complete with carbon fibre body and aluminium and carbon fibre chassis, the Italdesign Hypercar will be produced in an exclusive five-piece edition, for which the lucky owners will enjoy an unprecedented level of customisation, enabling them to personalize both the exterior and interior of their one-off ‘ride’ with its sculptural Italian design.
Skeleton case, Ø45 mm, multi-layer carbon case, ceramic bezel decorated with red liquid ceramic and black lacquer décor, titanium DLC case back, titanium DLC crown vulcanized with red rubber, titanium container vulcanized with red rubber
Thickness: 13.75 mm
Water Resistance: 5 BAR (50 m)
RD505SQ Calibre: Skeleton Flying Tourbillon
Features: Flying tourbillon at 7.30; (one rotation per minute); Hand-wound mechanical calibre; Finely adjusted in six positions
Functions: Hours and minutes
Decorations: Skeleton movement, plate and bridges circular-grained and coated with NAC treatment, Tourbillon carriage in the shape of a Celtic cross, Poinçon de Genève finishing
Number of parts: 179 components
Thickness: 4.28 mm
Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 vph)
Power-reserve: 60 hours
Matt black skeleton upper-flange in titanium, red minute-circle, Italian flag colours and Roger Dubuis transfers, titanium screws with SLN, skeleton hands in white gold with red tips filled with SLN
Black rubber with black Rubber Tech inlay and red, white and green stitching
Clasp: Titanium adjustable double folding clasp with titanium DLC cover
8 pieces – Boutique exclusive
Poinçon de Genève
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
TAG Heuer expands its AQUARACER watch series with two Commando styled watches. Available in two versions - Arctic and Jungle - the Aquarace...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
To be unveiled at Baselworld 2017, the new Sport Classic collection pays tribute to EBEL’s formidable craftsmanship during the 1970s and 198...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
Swiss mechanical clock manufacture L'Epée 1839 unveils Requiem: a table clock with an 8-day movement designed in partnership with Kostas...
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Moonphase
- Hublot Big Bang One Click Italia Independent
- Hublot MP-09 Tourbillon Bi-Axis
- Hublot Spirit of Big Bang Sapphire
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Blue Sapphire & Red Sapphire...
- Hublot Techframe Ferrari 70 Years Tourbillon Chron...
- Mido Commander Icône (M031.631.11.061.00)
- Breitling Navitimer Rattrapante
- Czapek & Cie Place Vendôme Tourbillon suspendu «Ic...
- Oris Regulateur ‘Der Meistertaucher’
- Oris Chronoris
- Oris Staghorn Restoration Limited Edition
- Oris Artelier Grande Lune Date
- Oris Big Crown 1917 Limited Edition
- TAG Heuer New 2017 “Link Lady”
- TAG Heuer CARRERA HEUER-01 Rose Gold
- TAG Heuer Carrera Lady 2017
- TAG Heuer Steel Link for Men Calibre 5
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer-02T with a Baguette Diamon...
- TAG Heuer AQUARACER Camouflage 300 Metres, Calibre...
- TAG Heuer – The New AUTAVIA
- Mido Ocean Star Caliber 80 Titanium (M026.430.47.0...
- L'Epée 1839 Requiem by Kostas Metaxas
- ArtyA Golden Dragon Tourbillon 1/1
- Lebeau-Courally Micro II
- Bering Automatic Vitus 1728
- LOCMAN Stealth 300 Metres Carbon Chronograph
- Mido Baroncelli Prisma (M007.207.11.116.00)
- KERBEDANZ Squama Tourbillon
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle world time Plat...
- Chopard Happy Ocean
- EBEL Sport Classic
- Chopard L.U.C XPS Twist QF Fairmined Limited Editi...
- Mido Baroncelli Heritage (M027.407.22.010.00 & M02...
- Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Italdesign Edition
- TAG Heuer pays tribute to Muhammad Ali and its clo...
- Ulysse Nardin Classic Sonata
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45
- Roger Dubuis Opens New Flagship Boutique at Harrod...
- Arnold & Son DBG Skeleton Limited Edition
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 StingHD Limited Edition...
- DUFA REGULATOR 9017
- Christopher Ward Launches Exclusive Timepiece Coll...
- Rönkkö Icarus Bi-Hemispheric Moon Complication Sil...
- Amir Watches - Nomadic Empires Collection
- Matthias Naeschke Table clock NT 12
- Schlumpf Time Machines – The Art of Enjoying Time
- Fabergé Visionnaire Chronograph
- Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Range Rover Velar S...
- Ulysse Nardin Jade “Grand Feu”
- Raymond Weil Freelancer Chronograph “Gibson Les Pa...
- Longines Presents All New Conquest V.H.P Collectio...
- Arnold & Son Tourbillon Chronometer No. 36 Limited...
- De Bethune DB28 Kind of Blue Tourbillon Meteorite
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar II
- Chopard L.U.C Lunar One Platinum Limited Edition
- Chopard Mille Miglia Classic Chronograph - His and...
- F.P. Journe - Octa Automatique Réserve & Octa Auto...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun “Raging Skull”
- Angelus U21 and U22 Tourbillon
- Zelos Launches Kickstarter Campaign for its Latest...
- Arnold & Son Instrument DSTB, New Stainless Steel ...
- H. Moser & Cie. Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity C...
- Greubel Forsey Signature 1 Platinum
- Greubel Forsey Grande Sonnerie
- VARIO Eclipse Watch
- COVER Co191 Althea
- COVER Co193 Amelia
- COVER CoA8 Lady Diamond Open Heart
- COVER Co178 Concerta Pearl
- Oris Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition I...
- Zannetti Scuba Art Piranha Mid-Size
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Blue Edition
- ZANNETTI DISCOBOLO
- STOWA Launches Special Edition Watches On Its 90th...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art HM Falcon
- Christopher Ward C8 Regulator Limited Edition
- Graham London Geo. Graham Tourbillon Orrery, Pink ...
- LIMES Endurance PD
- deLaCour Saqra Urban
- THE MACALLAN X URWERK FLASK
- TEMPTION MODEL CM05 RELAUNCH
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane 12 Hour
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Unveils a New Heritage Gallery at...
- British Watch Brand Lufbery Launches Kickstarter C...
- Louis Moinet Metropolis
- ArtyA Hand Crafted Mother of Pearl 1/1
- ▼ March 2017 (87)
- ► 2016 (1573)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)